Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue is being used mostly by two sub-departments under our Information Technology department. The two departments are Desktop Support and Network Engineering. I believe there are a few accounts across other departments, however, these are the two major users. LogMeIn helps us support our users on various issues remotely. This is a great benefit considering that we have campuses spread across the NYC tri-state area. We would not have the manpower to send a desktop tech or a network engineer personally to remedy all the tickets we resolve using LogMeIn.
- Log me in is a known and trusted platform. I rarely get any pushback when I ask a client/employee if they would like to start a screen sharing session.
- One major benefit, is that Logmein allows me to "cut through the fog" quickly in asking the user what the problem is. I can start a remote support session with them and "SEE" what they are experiencing.
- Logmein makes it extremely easy to start a remote session. The user only needs to go to an easily remembered website URL and enter the pin code that I generate and give them.
- LogMeIn works just as I need it. Maybe if there was a way to link our knowledge base to the software, this may be beneficial.
- I do not have any hard numbers to quote on LogMeIn's ROI, however, I can say that it saves us considerable time resolving issues with clients on and off campus. One of our offices is located in our main building on the 12th floor. To physically travel to a user in the building right next door would take about 5 minutes. We regularly have problem tickets from next door, about 4 per day. In one week's time, this would add up to 120 minutes saved in handling tickets just from our nearest campus.
LogMeIn rescue is easier to learn and use. New support users can start using it the very first day they get an account assigned. The URL that you give to the user requiring support is very easy to remember and they do not have to have any software pre-installed on their device. This is a big advantage over the other tools I have used.
For me, LogMeIn is best when you have a user who is unsure of the IT terminology and you cannot explain over the phone what their issue is. You can remote into their computer and ask them to show you what they are having problems with. This scenario has played out week after week, and although 90% of the issues were related to user error, LogMeIn has been very helpful in identifying that and resolving it quickly.