Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Rescue
I use LogMeIn Rescue every day to support clients, update software and troubleshoot issues on Windows PCs. I update my database software remotely for customers. I troubleshoot a variety of problems from resetting passwords to installing and uninstalling software to running malware scans. I support Windows servers for several customers including managing users, rights and updating software.
- One of my favorite features in unattended access. Particularly for servers this feature allows me to keep updates and policies current without disrupting customers daily use.
- As long as my customers have good internet, copying files back and forth to troubleshoot data problems is a snap.
- When I need to roll out updates I can make changes once and update multiple computers quickly.
- I wish Windows server access didn't require entering a password multiple times.
- Troubleshooting hardware problems is more difficult than it should be.
- I work a lot with dot matrix printers, it would be nice to be able to update printer settings remotely. This is a joke because you need to touch the printer to change firmware settings.
- LogMeIn Rescue works better for me than some of the other products I've tried. It is a little more expensive, but more efficient.
I often work with tech support at another vendor while accessing a client's system. This usually works very well. Troubleshooting network issues while accessing multiple computers at the same time works well. LogMeIn Rescue does not work well when trying to diagnose printer issues.