LogMeIn Rescue makes us efficient and is fast and flexiblehttps://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopLogMeIn RescueUnspecified8.22121012019-08-15T15:43:44.408Z
August 15, 2019
LogMeIn Rescue makes us efficient and is fast and flexible
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Rescue
We use Rescue within our entire company, although certain users use it more frequently than others. When we're on the phone with one of our reps, sometimes it helps to remotely access their PC or Mac, to fix it for them, or to do some training. Years ago, I created our own calling card and we leave that on some remote machines when we determine that they will possibly need frequent assistance.
- Conserving bandwidth by being able to switch to lower color bit depth or grayscale or B&W. They can really help to get the remote session in a useable state when the remote Internet connection is bandwidth strained.
- Rescue has the flexibility to be able to connect quickly to a computer when you don't need admin rights, or it can switch to a background service to get admin rights when we need to help fix some Windows issues.
- Rescue makes it easy to transfer a connected remote session to another user of Rescue. That is very helpful at times.
- It would be great if Rescue was able to install a calling card on a Macintosh computer.
- Frequently when I open Rescue, I need to adjust the size of the different areas by dragging the horizontal or vertical sliders. Seems that Rescue doesn't remember how I like to have the window set up.
- I like dark mode and would love it if they made the whole Rescue window work with that. Currently, only certain parts of the Rescue window are using dark mode.
- We try to keep phone calls as short as possible, mainly because if we can remotely connect and help the caller quickly, then they tend to end up pleased. If we didn't remotely connect and just talked them through what they need to do on their computer- which I did for many, many years before we obtained Rescue- then the caller can sometimes get tense or frustrated.
- Having multiple Rescue licenses is helpful, especially at a time where we are getting many calls about some problem. Rescue makes its users more efficient.
I'd give it a 10, but I can't because Rescue doesn't support a Mac calling card and the Rescue app sometimes has issues on Windows 10.
The only time I've used support is after we renew our licenses and I need an invoice that I sometimes cannot find on the website. They've been very helpful.
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited for connecting to a remote PC or Mac to do training or tech support. It is less appropriate to use it to do a webinar. Something like Join.me would be better for that. Rescue is also well suited to set up an unattended remote session or to transfer files back and forth.