MailChimp: "Mail chimp... overrated monkey"https://www.trustradius.com/email-marketingMailChimpUnspecified8.213381012015-09-08T14:31:56.113Z
Overall Satisfaction with MailChimp
I use mailchimp as our way of attracting new customers. It helps to solve our marketing problems.
- Mailchimp is good at providing tools for measuring your performance
- It does provide regular feedback as to how many emails are being opened
- It has a very good tool for inserting and editing pictures
- They clearly don't understand how to create teaching materials; they are confusing and vague at best. Both the videos and the written material are very poorly designed. Probably the worst aspect of Mailchimp and the reason why many of my colleagues have been evaluating other Autoresponders.
- On a scale of 1-10 its usability rating is 1 because there are so many things going on behind the simple easy-to-use interface that are hidden and difficult to find and change. Anything to do with the forms is very poorly designed and not so intuitive.
- The link between campaigns, lists and automation is confusing and doesn't make sense. Why does the campaign dropdown even exist? If it's a broadcast email why not use some simple language. It seems to me that simplicity is not a concept they've come across as yet. Except for their user interface but then it hides the complexity and difficulty of using the software.
- Its system of writing emails is very clunky. On one side you write the email and on the other side the text appears. It is the only email autoresponder that does this. It is well behind the competition in this regard
- Creating sub-segments is a nightmare when you want to creat a short introductory course and move people into another segment
- When sending out emails you only have the option to send out emails within a certain time range. Even when you're testing your own emails it can take up to 20 mins to receive your test email.
- The sending aspect of the autoresponder is unreliable. I"ve received emails at all sorts of times. You cannot predict within one hour when emails are to be sent out. As a power user of AR you need your emails to go out at a precise time not when it suits mailchimp.
- It has been time consuming to adopt. I wasted way too much time setting it up and trying to figure it out
- I like the picture edition software and the flexibility of the templates but I must say in other Autoresponders it is a common trait nowadays.
In order of effectiveness and performance