Overall Satisfaction with Majestic SEO
I am a very small agency and tools are super important to me. We use Majestic SEO to research and audit the SEO of our prospective clients and their competition. We also use it to measure our clients' progress. Majestic's proprietary metrics - Trust Flow and Citation Flow (TF-CF) - are the standard in the SEO world. It helps us analyze the strength of a domain and gives us clues as to what can/should be done to grow. The backlink analysis from Majestic is critical.
- Topical Trust Flow
- Citation Flow
- Backlink Profile & History
- Anchor Text profile
- Can be confusing to beginners until they start learning what they're seeing. Lots of confusion about what REALLY is Trust Flow and Citation Flow
- Some very valuable/critical tools are only available in the PRO level (minimum $99/mo). So it can be pricey if you're just getting started
- Free version is extremely limited.
- great return when you are pitching SEO services
- great ability to compare domain strength vs. competitors.
- Pennies on the dollar when you consider the value of a new SEO client!
Majestic is #2 on my list. SEMRush is my favorite because of its breadth of scope. The features it offers for a similar price are, in my opinion, superior. Majestic is better in terms of domain analysis. SEMRush is better in terms of keyword tracking, SEO Audits, PPC analysis, Kewyord research, etc.
This is a "must have" for anyone who sells SEO services. It is the perfect tool to research domains and show the health of a website to a prospective client. The metrics are industry standard and do a great job of breaking down the basics. It won't perform a full SEO audit for you...you'll need a different tool for that. But it does the best job of showing the importance of link-building and topical relevance.