Overall Satisfaction with ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is widely used to manage all encrypted passwords for all of the IT teams, without having to store the keys on a local PC (even if encrypted and with advanced features like access audit, password complexity generation or periodical password renewal). Additionally, the software aims at suppressing all simple passwords and being compliant with security audits, and making segregations of who has access to which password based on an employee’s profile.
- Keep trace of every password accessed with configurable reports, containing date, authors and actions driven
- Segregation of duties per given employee profile to separate a group of passwords accessed
- Auto generation of complex password with rules you can define
- Periodical regeneration of passwords to be audit compliant
- Segregation of resources and passwords through the admin console
- High level of database encryption
- Light client access through a simple browser / no local storage on pcs even if encrypted
- Simplicity to use
- Affordable at reasonable price, for both acquisition and maintenance
- In some browsers the copy password function does not work well
- The search engine sometimes returns blank results (all browsers included: Chrome, IE11)
- New upgrades are not visible in the tool itself, like in other third party tools
- Reduce our overall cost of ownership thanks to this affordable password tool
- Reduce time spent in the process or on tasks to remind a password to change or to apply policy directly integrated with the tool
- Improve security through complexity and auto-regeneration
- Improve change control for account passwords inside RFC process
We selected Password Manager Pro because of active directory integration, compared to those PC tools. We wanted to have a central password tool accessible by a simple browser rather than having to install a heavy client on each admin PC or access to a database through a Windows share. We wanted to take advantage of complexity rules directly integrated with the tool itself and configurable given our internal policies. We wanted to segregate password access by the group of resources and different roles.
Password Manager Pro (PMP) is particularly well suited if you want to avoid using simple passwords, (stored in clear or encrypted), or avoid local password tools or storing them on a PC via a Windows application that does not answer some questions for a larger scale team size (segregation of profiles, audits, complexity, central storage, encryption, AD integration). PMP helps to manage privileges according to the admin profile to differentiate who has access to which password resources. PMP aims at eliminating procedures or tasks to auto regenerate passwords to be audit or SOX compliant, including proof of evidence.