Microsoft Office 2016 to Infinity & Beyond
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Office 2016
We are currently using Excel 2016 to track and evaluate weekly project performance through the collection of performance data and evaluating the data through the compilation of metrics and charts/graphs. We use Power Query for the engagement of different sets of data and to automate the updating of the performance metrics and graphs.
Word is used to create/distribute processes and procedures. PowerPoint is used to create meeting briefs and of course Outlook for day to day communications and then I personally use OneNote for the compilation of general notes and information. We are currently migrating to O365 where we hope to tap into the many collaborative features that come with O365 and the SharePoint environment.
- Power Query (now known as "Get & Transform" under the Data tab in Excel 2016) and Power Pivot greatly enhance data engagement and removes many of the limitations previously found in Excel regarding the size of data the user could engage with. The interfaces in both Power Query and Power Pivot are really intuitive and one could find themselves quickly putting together data automation with little to no coding knowledge. If you haven't heard of Power Query (like the many people that say Excel is obsolete) please YouTube it...It's great!!!! The addition of the Power Query add-in makes Excel a real game changer.
- I'm really appreciating the direction I see Microsoft heading with their latest product offerings. It's more team-centric with focus placed on collaborating with multiple stakeholders. Especially when you find yourself in the cloud and working with O365.
- Portability, I enjoy being able to engage my files regardless the platform I may find my self on; tablet, pc, laptop or smartphone.
- The wealth of free training material available from Microsoft is a big plus. I've never found myself engaging an issue where the answer wasn't just a web search away.
- I would like to see Power BI desktop to be made a part of the Office Suite.
- So far the introduction of Office 2016 has been positive with additional opportunities for the product to be further leveraged in other business areas.