MindManager is great, it lets my mind do the managing without the software getting in the way.https://www.trustradius.com/diagrammingMindManagerUnspecified9.21951012019-07-24T19:51:20.939Z
July 24, 2019
MindManager is great, it lets my mind do the managing without the software getting in the way.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
I use it personally to organize almost everything I plan. Probably the most productive has been the application to the authoring of a textbook on a complex topic - Building Information Modeling. MindManager allowed me to not only organize the structure of the book but also to write the majority of the content in that structure and export it to Word for the final editing. Due to the complexity of the subject, the flexibility of MindManager was crucial in allowing the continual evolution of the final structure of the complex content without losing any of the text that was part of the project at any point in the process. The content could be refined without being concerned about the location in the structure and moved as needed to any other part of the organization of the overall project.
- Strategic Planning
- Education & Training
- Knowledge Management
- Task and Project Management
- Project Planning
- The ability to apply it to almost any situation that requires the organization of ideas, concepts and/or facts.
- The ease with which a map can be changed, almost totally if necessary, without the loss of any content.
- The ease with which the tool is implemented to its full conceptual power.
- The ease with which ideas are communicated to others who did not do the map building themselves.
- The potential for collaborative efforts in developing thoughts, plans, etc.
- It is still not easy (possible) to really schedule with MindManager and have a task develop in multiple sub-tasks and then bring these separate lines back to a main task downstream (in time).
- Some of the aesthetic (graphic) improvements to a specific map are sometimes difficult to find and somewhat limited.
- It would be nice to add graphics in the 'notes' field for a particular entry.
- Without MindManager the BIM text would not have been what it is, the flexibility allowed a much higher quality final product.
- Using MindManager is an enormous timesaver when I use it for anything. Especially projects that seem overcomplicated at first glance can be clarified quickly with the use of a map.
- It is comforting to know the power of the tool before becoming intimidated by a complex set of circumstances that need to be addressed. MindManager allows a situation to be quickly analyzed and dealt with.
The visual nature of MindManager makes the complexity of information be able to be understood once it becomes organized in a clear way. The flexibility allows a continual restructuring to ultimately arrive at a simple overall organization if that is possible in the particular set of circumstances. The BIM book was restructured numerous times in relation to the relative location of information in the book and MindManager provided the ability to develop an ultimately simple overall structure that was easy to understand for the readers. A copy of the map was included in the book to give the reader a view of the organization of all the material in the publication.
MindManager is the only software I have used for these purposes and other products have not interested me. I have not seen any other product with the flexibility and ease of use of MindManager, it is a great product. Why look elsewhere?
Any situation where ideas or concepts need to be developed, either individually or in a group, is ideally suited to the strengths of MindManager. There is really no problem using it live with a group either, it will help keep the discussion on track and productive. A map can always be refined later when the meeting is over and shared with all participants for review. The 'Notes' are great for keeping what was said about the specific issues that appear on the map. Floating tasks can also be very useful for those items not everyone will agree on putting in a specific place yet.