July 31, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
It is used for all types of business meetings from brainstorming to project management, we use the ACE template following the Continuous improvement Lean methodology along with Prince 2. MindManager is easy and simple to be understood by all teams from the floor up to the board. They allow for all types of learning from the visual to the spreadsheet people, I would not be without MindManager to support my projects.
- Strategic Planning
- Education & Training
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Knowledge Management
- Meeting Management
- Problem Solving
- Task and Project Management
- Project Planning
- MindManager is great for brainstorming as people can add to other ideas.
- Great for root cause analysis.
- Transfer to the excel does not work as well as it could as it has to be manipulated before it can be sent out.
- MindManager is not good for detailed Sub Process mapping - I use Visio which is not user-friendly but allows me to subprocess maps to the detail required.
It worked really well when I was in the role of tendering for new business, keeping all the information together and project managing it during the bid and then afterward with implementing the new business. I built up a library for each type of bid and this saved a massive amount of time for subsequent bids.
MindManager was recommended by a colleague, and as a member of the worldwide continuous improvement team I was trained to use it over 10 years ago, and I have not been without it since where ever I have worked and in whatever role. It simply becomes the tool to run your day to day life.
Brainstorming with teams at the start of a project to ensure the entire group is engaged. In particular, shy people can be encouraged to say what they want to and so you are more likely to get diverse thoughts and ideas for improvement. Therefore, projects are more likely to be successful when you get the buy-in from the start.