MindManager will add +10 to your brainstorming while saving your sanity.https://www.trustradius.com/diagrammingMindManagerUnspecified9.21951012019-08-03T02:56:54.165Z
August 02, 2019
MindManager will add +10 to your brainstorming while saving your sanity.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
My graduate school team needed a way to brainstorm exercises in our project management classes, and discovered that MindManager was available in the university's online software shop. I used it to flesh out project specifics and then turned those items into waypoints, and eventually the roadmap for the entire effort. Our team typically used the "Right Map" to brainstorm, which was and still is the most useful tool for me personally, although the others are just as functional. We would've used the Gantt Chart features to guide our project, but it seemed to be more of an afterthought, so we ended up falling back on Microsoft Project for those parts. MindManager is one of my most useful and most used software applications, and I'd really love to see MindJet really dedicate some love to the Gantt-charting capabilities with its own New Document section.
- Education & Training
- Task and Project Management
- Project Planning
- MindManager is the best, most capable software for brainstorming. It's easy to use, and it always looks fantastic.
- It'll easily export to Word, Excel, HTML5, image files, and more, saving the user from countless compatibility headaches.
- MindManager is particularly adept at many tasks associated with project management, flowcharting, timelines, analysis, diagrams, and much more. And it makes all it seem so easy.
- MindManager could really benefit by improving the Gantt charting functionality. These should be in their own category and usable on their own.
- I'd love to see MindManager be able to directly export to EPS, SVG, and actually directly to a CorelDRAW (.cdr) file.
- I'd love to have the ADDIE development framework, as well as other instructional design frameworks, added directly.
- MindManager has had an immense impact on the completeness of my research work. Now that I've been using it for a couple of years, I'm not entirely certain how I'd proceed without it.
- It's the best way that I've found to categorize, sort, shuffle, and add new items to my research projects.
- If everyone used MindManager, society would forget far fewer important things and remember far more than it has.
I own the full Corel Technical Suite, CorelCAD, and the CorelDraw Graphics Suite from X4 through X8. One of these days, I'll upgrade to the latest version. I'd love to have the latest edition of CorelCAD, but it's beyond me at the moment as a graduate student. I'd also like to have fully unfettered cross-functionality between CDR and MindManager.
I began with Draw.io and still have it on my server, but haven't looked back since obtaining MindManager. I'm confident that Corel and MindJet will keep MindManager competitive and up-to-date by adding any useful or cool features that crop up in the other offerings.