My MindManager Review
September 24, 2020
My MindManager Review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
MindManager was used as part of our Product Management workflow to brainstorm product ideas mainly, but also later to project manage Go To Market launches, where we used the project planning and Gantt chart views extensively. The product was used throughout a team of 10 people, so the collaboration features through Sharepoint were also brought into play for working on documents within the team. With a distributed team across wide timezones, the product worked as an effective "whiteboarding" tool.
- Strategic Planning
- Meeting Management
- Problem Solving
- Task and Project Management
- Project Planning
- Allowing free-form creative thinking
- Not worrying about formatting information as that is taken care of automatically
- The task and project management aspects
- Multiple users working on one document collaboratively (like Google Docs)
- Removing the reliance on Internet Explorer for publishing features
- Provided better outcomes through deep brainstorming
- Improved new users' capability to brainstorm
- More structure to product launches through task managed planning
This is just simply the ability to allow people to throw in ideas without thinking of structure initially. That structure then comes over time as the ideas develop and get grouped, tagged, icons added. It's also been an effective presentation tool to show the thinking behind ideas.
I have been a long-time MindManager user, so haven't considered any other tools. I started mind-mapping with a very early version.
Once you get into the mindset required to use MindManager, it becomes an essential tool. I now use it for just about every situation where I need to deeply think or strategize about something. I'm also aware that although I consider myself somewhat of a power user, there are still areas of the product that I don't use enough. If we need to do more of a "whiteboard with stickies" type of exercise with multiple people, we still need a tool like Miro, so it's less appropriate for simultaneous collaboration.