Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting
I use MIP Fund Accounting to manage the finances of a multi-county library system. I use the system for the whole cycle of business operations, from budgeting to operating to reporting. The system is designed for organizations like mine, so it is easy to track and report on various grants and other special-purpose funding that we receive.
- Flexible and customizable reporting
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Excellent customer support
- Looking forward to payroll being available on the cloud side
- In the cloud, I have to look in 2 places to find the vendor id and then view the payment history. It would be great for that to be one click.
- I get kicked out of the cloud side pretty frequently - I understand the need for security but the window of inactivity seems very, very short
- Reporting is easier than in our previous system
- MIP Fund Accounting costs thousands of dollars less than the product we used previously
- The software is more intuitive and easier to use than our previous system
The customizable and flexible reporting makes it very easy to report on multiple funds. I can easily provide either detailed or big-picture reports, depending on the needs of the user or grantor. There is a learning curve involved in setting up report templates, but once you understand how the system works, it is very easy to set up new reports as needed.
This product is a very cost-effective solution that meets the accounting and reporting needs of my organization. The software seems like it will easily handle any growth in my organization. I like the way MIP is working to develop the product but not changing things that already work well. I'm looking forward to using this product for many more years.
Do you think MIP Fund Accounting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MIP Fund Accounting's feature set?
Did MIP Fund Accounting live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of MIP Fund Accounting go as expected?
Would you buy MIP Fund Accounting again?
MIP Fund Accounting is well suited for organizations with many funding sources and restrictions on how those funds can be used. The reporting is very customizable which makes it easy to design reports that answer grantor or donor questions. I do think the software requires a bit more accounting knowledge than some other systems I've used, but I do not find that a drawback.