Miro is a fantastic tool for anyone who feels limited in their current project management solution
July 31, 2021

John Bonk | TrustRadius Reviewer

Easy to set up and onboard teams.
I have used the Miro integration for Zoom and that was easy to request and start using. Most of our teams have been able to bring in our critical systems to this platform without having long support calls to set up the normal integrations that we typically run into with our SAAS-based solutions.
Currently, we use Miro in smaller pockets of the organizations with additional users joining in, as they are wrapped into planning/projects handled here. Some of the major uses in my immediate team for this product are to handle brainstorming, project briefings, and other smaller visualization tasks that our default task management software cannot easily handle.
  • Providing relevant, solid graphical templates out of the box
  • Real-time collaboration ability allows remote teams to work together versus fighting over document rights
  • Flexible licensing allows our organization to eat as we go
  • Partnership with task management companies like GTD and Panda to leverage solid process in a single platform
  • It would be great to see more flexibility and clarity around how boards and teams are organized; frequently at an organization-wide level, people inadvertently overshare or leave off stakeholders
  • Easier to manage overall UI color schemes
  • Easier to win approval from key stakeholders because traditional tech jargon and PowerPoint slides were not standing in the way. Information was far easier to convey to senior leadership.
  • Team collaboration has increased and also, in turn, increased the amount of work my team is able to accomplish.
  • Having an additional task management/visualization tool can be distracting for an overwhelmed team.
All of my team is remote, with the larger organization remote due to the pandemic, so we were looking for a tool that allowed better, real-time, collaboration on projects since we were limited in what we could accomplish with GSuite. Using Miro allows us to not only see what our teammates are updating but the live follow features are great to see where your team is focusing their attention currently on a project. In many cases, I have reached out via Slack when I notice a peer working on my project and I know they have some availability to put into the project.

We currently use Asana as well as Miro within our organization for different tasks. With traditional project planning or a larger, org-wide project, we typically use Asana because of the larger adoption in the organization (it was here first), but the rigid project-management framework is also better suited to the larger enterprise-level projects. Everything else that requires collaboration or creativity is likely going to live in Miro because of the ease of use for non-task-related purposes. Need to drop a timeline in on the side to represent milestones? You can do that!
Miro is suited for environments and teams where creativity and flexibility are needed over straight task management. If I were looking for straight project management, I'd likely use Asana.