Making Virtual Innovation Possible (& Enjoyable)
October 19, 2021

Making Virtual Innovation Possible (& Enjoyable)

My entire business unit uses Miro in order to help our virtual teams conduct their workday today. We use it both for capturing notes and insights throughout the lifecycle of a project, as well as to facilitate innovation workshops with stakeholders at various points in time.

Pros

• Virtual workshop facilitation.
  • Collaborative brainstorming/work space.
  • Capturing/Organizing insights from user interviews.

Cons

• Better visibility into voting, so the board owner can see when all votes have been cast. Reference how Mural handles this particular aspect.
  • Improved collaboration.
  • Increased efficiency.
Nope. It was smooth from my standpoint.
Our IT department has most integrations locked down, however, the ones that I have been able to use have worked well.
It has dramatically improved our ability to work on projects day to day, as well as facilitate innovation workshops and various milestones throughout the project lifecycle. I truly cannot imagine how we would do the work we do without Miro.

• MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)
I think Miro is superior in almost every way, except for some of the voting features. I do think Mural handles those slightly better, and I would love to see Miro take cues from their implementation.
Miro is indispensable as both a virtual workspace that I can use independently, as well as a space to use for facilitating workshops with members of my team, who are spread out across the country/world.

Comments