Miro from an HR point of view
November 10, 2021

Miro from an HR point of view

Each department uses different tools that suit its needs, but I noticed that we all are heavy users of Miro. We generally use it to tackle issues/brainstorm ideas/document processes in the same department, hardly using it for cross-department tasks. In my position, I use it frequently to plan priorities for the next quarter, gather ideas from coworkers, and visualize a new project. Since I'm a visual person, it's helpful to organize my thoughts in such a dynamic way.
  • Flexibility in terms of what type of project you're dealing with.
  • Intuitive to use.
  • Works well in group, easy to understand what each person is doing.
  • Templates.
  • Possibility to tag people in the cards, so they can receive a notification when something is addressed to them.
  • More customization in the text box in the cards.
  • Better engagement of the team (brainstorm sessions became more collaborative).
  • Easier and more dynamic documentation of the processes.
  • A little bit confusing for some people, or if someone didn't know how to properly use it we ended up losing this person in the meeting.
I didn't participate in the implementation.
I'm not able to answer it.
It has made everything more collaborative.

More intuitive, beautiful design, easier to use.
Google Jamboard, MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)
Well suited: cross-functional teams; project management (tackling different parts of the project with the possibility of breaking down tasks); visual brainstorming sessions; design thinking; big teams. Less appropriate: personal development (university tasks, courses, planning a trip...); tackling daily tasks (it's better to map the process and use another software to list daily tasks); not very useful for teams with only one person.