A great tool to actively engage everyone while working with groups.
February 23, 2022

A great tool to actively engage everyone while working with groups.

I use Zoom as a tool to produce an engaging and creative online learning experience, that allows students and colleagues to actively engage during online synchronic sessions. This tool has proved to be quite useful during the pandemia, but I am still using it even if I am in the classroom with my students.
  • Actively engage students in brainstorming.
  • Creation of collective mind maps.
  • Creates an on-line record of the work done during the term.
  • Let users choose which boards to continue to be active while the allowed number for the free version is reached.
  • Do not sum those that the user has not created to the allowed boards.
  • Miro has allowed me to achieve the learning objectives planned in my syllabus, even if my lessons had to be delivered online during the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • Miro offers some great templates that have inspired me to produce my own boards.
I love the implementation of Miro. My only problem is that I am a teacher and I need more than three free boards. I wrote to Miro's team and they told me they had already marked my account as a teachers' account. But even then, I could not see the difference in Miro's performance.
I need more time to have a look or follow all the resources that Miro provides its users! I have looked at the examples Miro provides and I have found interesting templates. But when I had tried to adapt to them, it took me so much time that I ended up leaving them and going back to what I already know how to do.
Inside my organization, everyone is using Miro to work online with members that are doing home office. And the result is always positive! Just as with my students, the tool allows each person to actively engage in writing his/her contributions to the questions asked, so everyone's attention remains active during the meetings.

Not sure

Miro is a great tool to actively engage students while working on online synchronic lessons. I can read the students' entries and comment, just as I would do in the classroom. The result is great because it produces conversations and a learning experience very similar to what happens in the classroom itself. My students love using Miro, and so do I.