Streamlines the brainstorming process for startups.
February 25, 2022

Streamlines the brainstorming process for startups.

I use Miro at Cornell Tech to visualize the different aspects of building my startup. It's super useful to synthesize our findings from user research, develop a business model canvas, build a rich picture of the industry we want to operate in and build a product roadmap. In bu7ilding the startup, we hope to scale and Miro allows us to collaborate efficiently for this very purpose.
  • Develop product roadmap for our startup.
  • Build a business model canvas.
  • Collaborate simultaneously with team members.
  • It significantly slows down my laptop.
  • Takes a long time to load when all of our class (200 people) are viewing the same Miro board.
  • It makes my laptop heat up and be very loud.
  • Improved productivity.
  • Less time taken to physically write up post it notes.
  • More sustainable than using paper.
  • Being able to easily reflect back on your brainstorming session.
Issues logging into the Miro app on my MacBook initially. That has been sorted out now, though!
Cannot fault it for anything here.
We are all able to work on the same Miro board regardless of location. We are all physically living in the same area but we STILL use Miro boards.

Miro is a FANTASTIC tool for those looking to build a startup or for an educational program (e.g., a graduate course at Cornell Tech). It would probably be less well-suited for typical corporations that would use their own tools for cybersecurity purposes or where a lot of the workers are 'dinosaurs' and are not digitally tech natives (read: boomer generation).