Lacking some permission controls.
February 25, 2022

Lacking some permission controls.

Dawn Borders | TrustRadius Reviewer

I used it to create frames that we could potentially get to solutions. It worked well when others figured out how to adjust sticky notes but one thing that I didn't like was that they would jump ahead from slide to slide and I wasn't in as much control of the conversations as I would like them to be. I also found that you had to make everyone an edit user if you wanted them to use it and so they had a little bit more control of certain things. I am not sure that I would ever share it with a person that isn't expected to interact with the tool.
  • Multiple user collaboration.
  • voting option.
  • Timer to keep everything moving ahead.
  • I found adding in images took a long time to load on the screen so they started blurrily and had to adjust. People thought it was a problem with their screen at first so it just didn't appear very professional.
  • Adjust a different permission level for people that you only want to add to sticky notes but not have other functions.
  • Also, for any users that use the link but don't sign up for Miro give them the default name if there was a way to edit this as the owner for these users during the meeting at that time it would be helpful. It duplicated a Researcher and I had to keep it straight who was who.
  • Improved the meeting notes and the way it exported the frames was very helpful.
  • For those on a call that stayed on mute they still didn't have to participate if they didn't want to and still had to continue to keep it interesting enough that they wouldn't multi-task.
I was only willing to try it after a colleague used it but wasn't willing to take the leap first. I didn't find many materials to read up on and be sure that I was considered the expert using during my session and not just a user like everyone else. If I was asked questions about what it looked like on their screen I didn't have a way to know that.
Once I logged in making a design was easier than expected. I did have several frames that if you zoomed out far enough you can see them and as I mentioned others would jump ahead and so I am not sure if there is a better way to manage that. If there were some tips and tricks shared I think that would help.
I haven't used this feature at this point so not able to speak to it.

I wasn't involved in this decision on this process.
I found that it was not better than Visio when it came to mapping out a process unless you were adding in the pain points all at the same time but when you were only focused on the steps that you needed to capture it was not as effective.