Miro - the global collaborator
February 25, 2022

Miro - the global collaborator

I have used it in a few different ways: 1 - Project collaboration with team members around the globe. Problems we solved with Miro include: asset review and approvals, presentation of new ideas, and sharing of plans with everyone 2 - To build out org charts Problems we solved with Miro include: collaborative role and responsibility build-outs 3 - As a collaborative white board with team members around the globe. Problems we solved with Miro include: being able to create multiple paths of addressing ideation around internal and external branding
  • Real time collaboration
  • Very nice app
  • A robust selection of templates
  • Being able to wade through all of the installed assets
  • Cost
  • Archiving
  • Reduced project completion time because of easier asset sharing and reviewing
  • Increased overall collaboration
  • Allowed for archiving of a project (for legal reasons)
It feels a little clunky and daunting to get the project set up and running, but once you get going it tends to move a bit more smoothly.
I have the same problem I do with picking out birthday cards: I always seem to have trouble finding the exact template I need to get things started, and then I spend too much time trying to select just the right one.
This has been the biggest thing Miro has helped out with. We are able to more smoothly work across time zones, and around the world improving our overall output (both bandwidth and by cutting time).

I think I used another web-based one that seemed to model the Google experience, but it was clunky and I can't even remember the name of it.
More appropriate: Any instance of real-time and remote collaboration. Game development, org charting, anything with boxes really. Less appropriate: When people can actually be in the same room with each other and use a real whiteboard and stickies.