What Miro can do for student collaborative activities
June 07, 2022

What Miro can do for student collaborative activities

I use Miro to organize Mind Maps and Concept Maps with my Students. It's great to collate and organize a lot of information easily. The tool is very easy to use, and very intuitive. There's a wide range of options to create pretty much any necessary diagram. I would definitely recommend it.
  • Organising thoughts
  • Linking ideas and concepts
  • Planning frameworks
  • Making it easier to sign up, sometimes corporate sign-up is lengthy
  • Map can be too big
  • integrate into Moodle
  • Improved Student's comprehension
  • Knowledge co-production
  • improved student's participation
It might be a bit difficult sometimes to sign up for a corporate account, navigating the different accounts you own may be a bit confusing at times.
I think it's very easy to adopt at first, and thus you can integrate a lot of tools, pictures, and your own datasets quite easily, there are a lot of tools, so I can't know for sure which ones are best, I still have to discover all the options offered, but it's great you have so many without overcomplicating the thing.
As a teacher, having students study remotely, enabled us to have good moments of collaboration around a whiteboard, we would normally do this with paper and post-it notes, but this allows you even more freedom, and the students find it very easy to use. It might even be better than real-life mapping activities.

Not sure

You can easily integrate Miro into Moodle through links, and it's a much better whiteboard, in terms of options, than the one originally present in Moodle. The one in Microsoft teams also is very limited. Overall Miro is the easiest and most complete whiteboard tool to use. I'll definitely recommend it.
If my colleagues want their students to meet on a whiteboard this is what I would recommend, as it's very easy to use even if you are not a tech specialist. Students can just add their thoughts through post-it notes and then we can categorize these in boxes, link them up with other concepts and data pieces, can draw arrows to express the logic of integrations between them.