My Brain: On paper...well, electronic paper
June 07, 2022

My Brain: On paper...well, electronic paper

Andre Lamothe | TrustRadius Reviewer

I use Miro when process mapping the current state and future states of processes that I am reviewing. I have used it primarily in LEAN training and facilitation, but I also use it for presentation and my own use. There are very few things that Miro cannot accomplish, it really blends the best of a lot of different programs in an easy-to-use format and infinite space to work in.
  • Mapping processes
  • Presenting
  • Brainstorming
  • Hassle-free collaborative work
  • Transitions in presentation mode, let's just replace PowerPoint completely, Miro is better!
  • A little more instruction on how to tie elements to frames, sometimes I have trouble moving things within frames/keeping things together.
  • A collapsible and customizable hotkey menu, this way you could reference your most-used shortcuts (stickies, shapes, frames) via hotkey instead of side-bar and keep in the flow.
  • provided a space to map processes to improve them and reduce time to completion
  • saves paper
  • I don't have to look around for a pen to make notes to myself. You don't live at my house so you don't know how helpful this is.
not really, I liked the instructional videos, I think there could be more and more time could be taken. What is there now is a great introduction to functionality, but for Miro nerds that want to be experts more time could be spent on each feature.
It's really easy to use. I have seen others have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get going and moving in it it's extremely intuitive.
It makes collaboration possible in an online world where it otherwise wouldn't be. It really is a major solution to collaboration in a WFH world. It is also the best functioning cloud-based online collaborative platform I have used, and I have used quite a few. There is very little lag, and running it in conjunction with a video call is no problem.

Not sure

brainstorming and process mapping are primarily what I have used it for, but also to-do lists, and getting things out of my brain and onto a space. I don't have enough space in my house for all these stickies, so Miro is great. I also have used it for presentation, it's A LOT more user-friendly than PowerPoint, and a lot more customizable. It wouldn't be as good for data crunching and work that is done primarily in excel, or writing your thesis, but outside of specific functionality a word processor or spreadsheet program could do it really fills a lot of gaps.