Miro it all
November 15, 2022

Miro it all

Summer Young | TrustRadius Reviewer

Miro allowed my team to put everything out in front of us. We had things in many different locations, but with Miro, I was able to create boards with links to all of our important documents. We also used Miro as our spot for one stop shopping. Not only did we have links to important documents and locations, but we also had a map layout of where all of our machines were located in the fab. This was great so everyone knew where everything was, especially visitors and new hires. We also had spots where we could list important announcements, hold our daily briefing and check ins and hold and track safety check in's with built in calendars and green check marks for days with no issues and red "x" on days that needed further discussion and follow up. My favorite feature is "CTRL + F", so no matter how much is on the Miro board, you can find it by simply using "CTRL + F" and typing in your search term. Miro really allowed the team to have a single point to find everything that they needed and pull everyone together to operate on the same level.

Pros

• Provides a one stop location and link that is available to anyone who is granted access to that Miro board
  • Provides templates that are easy to use and modify like calendars, table inserts, shapes, etc.
  • Allows the owner to grant access to users for read and write access. When write access is enabled, multiple users can edit across the board seamlessly all at once.

Cons

• Would be nice to be able to embed Excel worksheets / workbooks
  • Ability to embed / edit live PowerPoint documents
  • Find a better way to move around the screen. It's still very clunky with the scrolling and right / left click of the mouse if you don't know how to do it. Not very intuitive
  • Improve the way the user can insert and remove rows and columns, not very intuitive.
  • Improved productivity
  • Improved availability of overall data
  • Increase in tracking and closing of safety issues
N/A. Did not integrate with other products
It's made a huge difference. With Miro my team can collaborate across shifts, across states and across seas. With this tooling we can now all see the same thing and share real time across the globe. It's been a real game changer!

Not sure

I'm not sure I selected the correct product, but we did use another type of just Whiteboard in the past with another team that I was on and it was OK. But unlike Miro, everything had to be created from scratch. I really love how Miro had so many pre-made templates to choose from and again, my favorite feature, "CTRL+F" to find things.
Great for teams who do not have their own pre-defined dashboards or spot fires and want to keep everything in a general, localized spot.

It's less suited for a live, KPI monitoring dashboard that pulls data regularly as I was not able to find away to link and get it to download that information directly. It also could be restrictions or blocks that my company has in place that limit the functions and features that we were allowed to use in Miro. But overall, I had a great experience and am enjoying getting to know more and more of the functions and features that have so far made my team a success this past year. For that I thank the Miro team and developers.

Comments