Good overall
November 15, 2022

Good overall

I use Miro mainly for workshops and brainstorming sessions with the broader team. It makes it easy for everyone to work in real time and come up with a solution together without having to worry about what it looks like or in a final state.

We also use Miro for our retrospectives at the end of every sprint. This is a quick way for us to put in our thoughts in the appropriate sections and provide feedback to the team and decide on next steps.
  • Creating sticky notes to add on the board to provide quick and easy comments/notes
  • The ability to add a timer along with music for when we need time to brainstorm individually but stay within the same meeting
  • Real time movement and collaboration to follow what someone is doing and not having them share their screen
  • Being able to add reactions to stickies can be used as a good way of upvoting options for decisions to be made
  • Templates are very helpful to get started for a specific project for guidance
  • Sometimes when I'm trying to move things around on the board, it doesn't grab it. When I have it selected it ends up skewing the item instead of moving around.
  • Renaming a Miro board is extremely confusing and wouldn't expect it to be there. Would be much better if it was more accessible.
  • When I added in templates, it was very confusing to know how to add in a different template instead of the one that was selected. Not sure it should be tied into the sidebar as the same level as the other actions.
  • Improved productivity when doing internal testing to have everyone in the same session instead of separate
Miro seems to be pretty easy to get integrated into our system. One thing that is frustrating is I continuously have to re-log in every single time instead of having a certain period that it keeps me logged in.
We use this very often to collaborate with other team members. This is really the sole reason as to why I have been using this product.

Not sure

I used figma for a little bit before moving completely over to miro. It was comparable in terms of collaborating. The one thing is it was very simplified for you to collaborate and start creating or showing stuff to team members. It was very fast when trying to come up with ideas. However, Miro offers more features and abilities that we can use.
  • Brainstorming sessions with the broader team or a way for you to quickly collaborate with the team. It's helpful in a virtual environment for everyone to provide feedback and not feel like they're overstepping anyone.
  • Workshops: Trying to collaborate and get everyone to work on a task at the same time can be hard. Using Miro to see how everyone's thought process is interesting and easy to share afterwards
  • Quick sketches: If someone on the team has an idea they would like to share, it's easy to create it in Miro for everyone else to visualize it and share other examples