Miro works well.
November 15, 2022

Miro works well.

I use Miro for online whiteboarding in lieu of in-person collaborations. I share links with teams, and we have virtual whiteboarding/ideation sessions.
  • Very easy for multiple users.
  • Clean format.
  • Good sync with company SSO.
  • Copy and paste aren’t totally intuitive.
  • People often drag things where they don’t mean to - I have had groups frustrated by this.
  • More intuitive shortcuts would help.
  • Does require some explanation of how to make it work for any first-time users.
  • Reduced need for in-person meetings.
  • Improved productivity vs. needing everyone to fill something out individually and then having to spend time combining them.
  • A few people disengage who aren't comfortable with the technology.
Very positively - I have worked on Miro with a global team that would previously have felt we all needed to be in person to accomplish the same objectives.

Not sure

MURAL is quite similar in my experience. Miro has an easier integration with my company's SSO, which is why I use it.
I use it for virtual workshops where we used to get together and do a whiteboarding exercise - we do it virtually instead. Miro works great for real-time collaboration from multiple users. It works less well if you are trying to create something that you don't want people to edit/change, though I'm sure there are settings for that.