Great online collaboration tool
November 21, 2022

Great online collaboration tool

Jorge Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer

We are using Miro in quite different manners, as our whiteboard for brainstorming, during team planning, retrospective and even for some trainings/workshops about Agile ceremonies. We had teams from all over the world, with a quick ramp up on how to use the tool, in matter of minutes everyone is participating when needed.
  • Easy to share the board and people accessing it
  • Pre-made templates for a lot of different use cases
  • Addons like Jira cards are of great usage
  • Add custom music/audio so all participants listed on it when the host decides to
  • Control the volume of the music
  • A "pause all actions" preventing participants to make any updates on the board until resumed by the facilitator
  • Improved productivity on virtual sessions
  • Fun, easy to get inputs on feedback loops
I have not integrated Miro with any other products from a configuration stand point, but I0ve used Miro with JIRA integration and it works great
It has helped a lot, we run PI planning sessions (SAFe) using MIRO

Not sure

Well suited for brain storming, interactive sessions like trainings and workshops, mid suited for planning (why? because
after the whole planning I still need to move all the data to Jira or Planner) less appropriate for process mapping (due data connectivity with Signavio for example).
Also, we sometimes have big groups of people attending Miro sessions (25-35 ppl) and they are split in Zoom breakout rooms, it will be great if we can somehow mimic this functionality in Miro, breakouts in Miro limiting the edit area for a specific group temporary, then once break out rooms are closed all the participants can see the work from all the teams.