Overall Satisfaction with Mixpanel
We use Mixpanel to track and analyze our customers' activities when they use our web application. We look at how long they are spending on the site, what features they're using, and when they're using them. With that information, we can determine how to improve our product for future users.
- The Mixpanel interface is simple and intuitive to use. You can add events to Funnels (conversions), Formulas, and Segmentation.
- Visualization of the data is great - everything is well designed and nice to look at.
- Customer support is fast and reliable. Mixpanel will usually respond in a day with helpful advice.
- The most glaringly shortfall is that for Funnels, you cannot track more than 60 days at a time. For our product, we needed a cumulative measurement going back to when we launched the product, and Mixpanel was unable to provide that.
- It'd be much better if we could export the raw data into Excel without using the API.
- Being able to do some simple calculations with the People --> Explore function would be better, such as dividing the number of people who completed one event more than once by the total number of people.
- It's informed our product roadmap, helping us see which features are most popular and which features are not necessary to continue.
- It's also helped us improve our communication processes so that more sales leads can be generated.
- Alerted us where problem areas in our conversion funnel are.
It's easy to implement and comprehensive in the types of events and properties that it's able to track. It's intuitive to use and visualizes information beautifully. Despite some shortcomings, which I'm sure that other analytics programs such as Google would have as well, Mixpanel is a good bet for web and mobile analytics.
Mixpanel is very flexible in that it can give you a vast amount of data about your customers, as long as you are tracking it correctly. If you want a big picture, Mixpanel is great at that. However, some of the details such as cumulative tracking for their most important function, Funnels, is missing. Doing simple calculations with the data is also not possible within the program.