Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
- My organization used to have 45 minute long daily meetings to review the information monday.com organizes and displays easily - those meetings no longer exist.
- Updates and reviews are inherent with this technology, everything can be done on each person's own time, at their convenience.
Monday.com was initially used for task tracking and organization, and it worked well. It has since evolved within our organization to function as a checklist, discussion board, Gantt chart, destination model, goal tracking, status updates, inventory management, etc. The role it has played and is currently playing is ever-expanding and evolving.
- Communicates real time with large groups or specific people.
- Integrates easily with support software.
- Very user friendly and easily tailored for your desired function.
- Mobile app is a bit crowded visually.
I've not found the function I wanted to utilize. My only struggle is to decide on which I want to use!
If I ever needed it I could give a better answer! It has been a full year, and I've never had an issue.
I have always been trained in the arts of Outlook, email after email, flagged for follow up. This software changed the way my organization communicates and collaborates 100%. We eliminated the need for ALOT of meetings, and utilize monday.com as our resource for information on projects and their respective progress.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
Would you buy monday.com again?
Monday.com is perfectly suited for any type of collaborative effort, especially if it includes cross-functional teams. It eliminates the need for lengthy emails and organizes ideas/tasks into concise points. Monday.com also tracks progress in real-time with updates so meetings to review the progress of any task is needed less and less.