Task Management (1155)
Team Collaboration (1139)
Resource Management (1002)
Workflow Automation (989)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that users can create the tools they need to run every aspect of their work. The visual interface includes building blocks like Apps and integrations, allowing teams to build or customize their work solutions.
Whether users need to streamline a sales pipeline, create a marketing campaign process, run a robust CRM, or build a project management tracker – monday.com aims to provide a collaborative space for teams to stay aligned, agile and efficient, in everything they do.
monday.com offers a 14-day free trial, no credit card required.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Resource Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Support for Agile Methodology
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email integration
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: Timesheet Tracking
- Supported: Change request and Case Management
- Supported: Budget and Expense Management
- Supported: Quotes/estimates
- Supported: Project & financial reporting
- Supported: Integration with accounting software
- Google Drive
- Microsoft Teams
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- Zendesk Support Suite
- Meta for Business (formerly Facebook for Business)
- HubSpot Marketing Hub
- Jira Software
- Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager
- Google Calendar
- Twilio Autopilot
- part of Twilio CPaaS
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||20%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Dutch, Turkish|
Frequently Asked Questions
1) I am a regular app user, and it was a bit difficult for me to navigate through the options to finally find the way to contact the support team.
2) It did not seem like there was an easy way to contact support. You really have to do some digging in order to finally be able to get to contact them.
3) The response to my query was a bit generic, and it felt templated. I did not find it particularly useful.