monday.com Review

May 10, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

per user

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

What is monday.com?

monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that users can create the tools they need to run every aspect of their work. The visual interface includes building blocks like Apps and integrations, allowing teams to build or customize their work solutions.

Whether users need to streamline a sales pipeline, create a marketing campaign process, run a robust CRM, or build a project management tracker – monday.com aims to provide a collaborative space for teams to stay aligned, agile and efficient, in everything they do.

monday.com offers a 14-day free trial, no credit card required.

monday.com Features

• Supported: Quotes/estimates
  • Supported: Project & financial reporting
  • Supported: Integration with accounting software

monday.com Screenshots

Work OSReady-Made TemplatesMobileVisual BoardsReal-time NotificationsAutomationsIntegrationsViewsFile SharingDashboardsApp MarketplaceDocs

monday.com Videos

monday.com - Making teamwork click
Users Testimonials | monday.com
The monday.com 2020 Evolution
Use monday workdocs to brainstorm, sync, and collaborate across teams without leaving your workspace. Communicate within the context of work by adding to a Doc — boards, dashboard widgets, and more!

monday.com Downloadables

Enterprises (more than 500 employees)20%

monday.com Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Dutch, Turkish

What is monday.com?

monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that anyone can create the tools they need to run all aspects of their work. It includes ready-made templates or the ability to customize any work solution ranging from sales pipelines to marketing campaigns, CRMs, and project tracking.

What are monday.com's top competitors?

Asana, Wrike, and Smartsheet are common alternatives for monday.com.

What is monday.com's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 9.2.

Who uses monday.com?

The most common users of monday.com are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Alaina Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Managing tasks across teams.
  • Ensuring tasks are completed on time.
  • Updating tasks and commenting to communicate with managers, team members, and across teams on tasks.
  • Getting sign off on tasks.
  • Recording what tasks are done and what tasks are coming up.
  • Sharing files across teams.
  • Assigning tasks to specific team members.
  • Updates team members and tagged colleagues when there are changes to a task.
  • Allows for a lot of personalisation when creating boards so they can be made to suit your needs.
  • Offers a clear and collaborative way to manage tasks, workloads, goals, and priorities across the business.
  • Better tutorials to help new users learn all the features.
  • Feature to create repeat tasks.
  • Board options to add groups for specific days/dates.
  • Preset collum for days e.g. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.
  • Option to turn off the confetti on status update collums (not always used for status updates so the confetti doesn't always make sense).
  • Option to copy without "(copy)" automatically being added to the item.
Monday.com is great for any kind of task, workload, time, goal, or priority management. Boards can be created to suit the needs of you, your team, and your business. Good automation and company adoption can improve efficiency and increase clarity and communication on tasks and projects across teams. It's great for both remote and in-office work. Monday.com can't easily track the capacity of teams or team members and although it can reduce the need for some types of meetings, it does not replace the need for meetings entirely or other team communications. Although, it has mostly replaced our need for internal emails.
Due to the number of templates, it can be quite overwhelming and takes time to learn how to utilise all the features. I know there are still features I have yet to learn how to use or how best to use. It can make initial adoption harder too as colleagues don't know where to start or only use the most basic features as there is too much choice. It is quite easy to use once you've got used to the layout but more guidance and tutorials of different types (video, online training, webinars, step-by-step guides, practice boards/tests, etc.) would be very helpful. Tutorials also need to be easy to find.
I have not accessed this support.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we made a fast jump to remote working and needed a tool we could all gather around and consult to see what everyone was working on. We use monday.com for task management, monitoring, driving discussions, and reporting. To some extent we automate the jobs which are minor but fun and helpful - so when you finish a task - poof - it disappears and the team feels good too. Furthermore, we park ideas to make sure we can pick them up when we have time.
  • Beautiful UX
  • Easy automation for basic steps
  • Reporting: saved views and filters for regular reporting based on updated data.
  • Responsive design - too small and a browser window and I can't see anything anymore.
  • Word wrap function could be nice.
Excellent for multiple people sharing tasks and lists and assigning work. Can be frustrating if people amend your reporting tabs.
We don't really need to onboard the new hires :)
Everybody can have their own view and it does not affect the others which makes people more willing to play and engage with the tool.
Never had to contact them, no news is good news?
Steve D'Amico | TrustRadius Reviewer
We run a lean company and monday.com is like having a personal assistant who keeps all of our projects, and the communication and documents associated with those projects, in a very easy-to-access platform. My department is an internal consulting division of the company, focused on analytics and data science projects. We use monday.com from project request (there's a nifty form feature that we linked on the company's intranet) all the way through to archiving finished projects. I found the platform to be very intuitive and flexible. Besides keeping us organized, monday.com encourages accountability with features like updates, messaging, checklists with due dates, and a host of other features.
  • Easy to find materials from past work projects.
  • Updates provide transparency and accountability in a way that Outlook just can't support.
  • Personal dashboards so you can see where you or your direct reports stand in terms of workload.
  • I really can't think of anything that needs improvement.
Monday.com has been great for managing projects and client engagements. We also have certain analytics projects we do on a semi-regular basis across a few dozen clients; monday.com's archiving and search features are especially useful in calling up those previous projects so that they can be repeated/updated with no fuss in finding the materials, background discussions, etc.
Monday.com has delivered over the past four years. While our workload has increased, we haven't needed to hire any new project management or support staff.
Honestly, I have NEVER had to use Monday's customer support ... which itself is a testament to how intuitive and flexible it is. When I do have a question on a feature (which is very rare), I have found answers in the tool itself, or by doing a Google search.
We use it to manage our day to day tasks and manage project management.
  • Order things
  • Automations
  • Collaboration
  • Integration with make.com
  • UI UX on mobile app is terrible.
  • Pricing starts to be unrealistic.
It's best for big teams and structured companies and less for small businesses.
The templates are great, most of them are very simple, and not usable from the box, it seems that they were built by people with no hands-on experience in some fields, like the accounting or social ads accounts.
So far had no problems with customer support.
We use monday.com to plan our software development sprints and to keep track of bug fixes.
  • Tracking tasks
  • Maintaining document and supporting information history for tasks
  • Planning and overseeing big projects
  • None that I can think of at the moment.
monday.com is great for planning and tracking projects with multiple tasks and steps.
The system is very intuitive and easy to use.
I've never had to use the customer support.
Monday.com is used by most of our company. It is used to organize and track projects, tasks, and cross-departmental work. I personally use it for tracking bonuses and completing tasks that previously would have been completed in excel. In addition, I create boards for planning leadership meetings, staying on top of goals, milestones, and strategy sessions for yearly/quarterly planning.
  • Boards are customizable to create a process and flow that works for everyone.
  • The visual aspect and use of colors help narrow in on what is important, especially compared to looking at a spreadsheet.
  • It is more easily adopted and used by the team compared to other solutions.
  • It is not a full excel alternative; lacking in some equation functions.
  • Fell short for creating a full-fledged project schedule compared to ms project/smart sheet.
From the top down; great for planning and executing leadership meetings and agendas. Monday is great for managing departments as well as being available to the individual departments to organize and keep track of everything on their team. The ability to schedule reminders and the use of status updates makes it great for knowing where everything is in the business.
It is a very intuitive product overall and was easily adapted by our team.
The few times I did reach out for support, they were able to quickly answer my question and get me on my way.
May 12, 2022

monday.com Review

This products allows for cross-department communication to target specific customers. Not all of our company uses the same software but we all use monday.com which allows the planning, sales, and operation departments to communicate via monday tasks. As a customer is passed along through the install process the correct department lead can be assigned and complete their portion of the install. It is especially helpful to be able to tag co-workers so they are able to answer questions on a task. It also is very clear to all who's court each task sits in at any time. The rest of the company uses it for install timelines but I do not act on any of those boards but can use them as a reference.
  • Notifies People Via Email and/or Slack
  • Adds color and vibrance to an otherwise boring spreadsheet
  • Create relevant subitems without making the spreadsheet larger
  • The organization of workspaces and subitems can become quite a list and not very easy to find things.
  • The owner of things is not very clear
  • When things become outdated or unused the item or project just sits there cluttering up the workspace.
Based on my experience monday.com is useful when working on a common objective and need timely communication in one place that's visible to all. The boards are also useful for creating group task lists and coordinating special projects. The data is also exportable but the importation of raw data seems less user friendly.
I would give it this rating because for the things I need to use it for it functions very well but the integration into other software is unclear and the templates are not easy to find. I want to continue to expand its use but it is unclear to me how to go about doing that. It also requires little to no training to use out of the gate. The fields are clear and straightforward.
There haven't been any issues or outages experienced with monday.com so I have not had to deal with the customer success manager whatsoever. It's nice it just works when I need it to and there is no need to reach out when its broken because its very stable.
We use Monday.com to manage the leads which currently have the status for each one. We also use it to manage the projects that we have ongoing, using the ability to drill each task down into subtasks to help manage the projects better and also give our customers a view of the project without the need to chase for updates. We are currently trialing linking this to leads from our website to help with automation.
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile
  • Link documents
  • Collaboration
  • Customizable status's for multiple groups.
It's great for project management and being able to get engineers to update the status of each section of the project and add photos and comments of any issues they have. The customer can then see this in real-time and you can collaborate really easily without the need for endless email trails. You can also update a task via email if you need to. Less appropriate if you have a project with different groups of tasks that all need different statuses as it only allows you to have the same status settings for all groups on board.
It's really easy to use but there are some templates that just seem to overcomplicate things. They are great to take some items from and use in your own template. The main issue we are seeing is with the mobile app and the overall status of subtasks being shown as a percentage of the main task. It doesn't seem to work properly just yet, but I am sure it will in time. Some of the automation can be tricky to get set up, but in general, the usability is good.
Had some good experiences with Customer Support but I haven't had to use it too much yet. They have come back with some good responses and on initial use; they seem to have a good setup.
monday.com is being used by our whole organization. I use it to schedule my appointments and my next set of jobs that I need to work on. Others in my company also use monday.com to track interactions with clients and hold information for projects such as when the client signed for a document and when they need to pay for it. We use monday.com to communicate with each other changes to projects and how they have been affected.
  • Scheduling: monday.com is extremely good at scheduling and reminding when things are on the schedule.
  • Automations: monday.com's automations make it extremely convenient to have items either email changes to correct people or make changes to the item when it is updated or needs to be updated.
  • Storing Information: Items can be updated and information can be added extremely easily to monday.com.
  • I wish there were a few more fields that could be modified in automations.
monday.com is well suited for scheduling for projects, such as when a project needs to be started, updated, and completed. I have also been using monday.com for storing information about a project and where I can find additional needed information on a project if I am not able to store it in monday.com.
I gave the interface an 8 because I find it extremely easy to use and the automations have saved a lot of time, as well as helping projects to be where they need to be. I would like more of the automations to allow for multiple entries, such as, "If one thing changes, it also changes does two other things, email person, change location of Item." This would cut down on the number of automations that I have to have for a single board and allow for the time spent on those boards to be less.
I have not needed to use the customer support tool, other than watching tutorial videos and forums.
Sean Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use monday.com to track, update, and generally manage work-related products.
  • monday.com is good at letting me know who is on a project
  • monday.com is good at letting me know what the job progress is
  • monday.com is good at letting me know the status of a product
  • monday.com is not particularly intuitive. You really have to "hunt" and "peck" for the right buttons to update and comment on projects
  • Although I'm getting the hang of the software, there is still some confusion as to where my projects are listed. After a few moments of research, I can figure out what is where.
  • The "look" (graphics) of monday.com is initially confusing to look at
monday.com is great for organizing large projects and adding/subtracting users onto projects for visibility. Currently, I am working on a presentation project that has a lot of invested stakeholders. However, due to the layout of the information and the number of people involved, at times it looks more confusing than it should be. Graphically, the system could use improvement.
monday.com is a good system for basic tracking and updating of projects, assignment of projects to end-users, and recording the status of said assignments and their progress. However, it takes a bit of time to figure out how it all works and is not necessarily the easiest system to use. Over time, one can master monday.com, but it takes an effort that is not really supported by the system itself.
I honestly have never used the customer support system, so I cannot honestly comment on this feature. Also, the ability to find Customer Support is not intuitive in this system as well. In the future, I will explore this option as my workload and schedule permit. Again, solutions are found, but it takes a bit of effort.
Monday.com helps us organize our active files, place updates and it's a source of reference when clients call to inquire about a file, we all go to our Monday.com pipeline before we even search on our actual work software. It also helps us assign files when one of our team members is out of the office. Our office manager also uses Monday.com to run the numbers of files opened, closed, or canceled and even runs the revenue of each agency, using formulas to split each revenue.
  • It helps add, track and assign active files and place updates on each one.
  • I love the "confetti" when a task is completed. It motivates me to complete even more tasks!!
  • In the 2 years we've used it, we've rarely had any problems, we only call to ask how to incorporate more tools into our work flow.
  • When we call for help, they always come up with solutions and even create features for our working pipeline that help us work more efficiently.
  • I would like to see different color/theme templates for the tables
  • It would help if each team member pipeline is editable without affecting the whole team's view of it. Ex: order of columns, size of pipeline, colors, etc
In the Real Estate Business, we deal with tons of files. Each file has different reports, documents, or tasks that must be performed. Monday.com has helped us enormously to have all that info in one pipeline. Before, we had to search the file in our software, look through all the docs, and know the status of these tasks by piece, now we simply place the file # and we have a summary of what is going on with the file. If we want details, we can then use our software to provide detailed information on the file. This solution alone is for us the most important impact that Monday.com has had in our way of work.
Even though I have not used all of the templates and tools, I like the fact that these tools are available. I would like to have a better understanding on how to use these tools without having to contact customer service, this is the reason why I am giving a 9 out of 10.
Having someone to take care of your situation that listens and provides actual help, is just priceless. The customer service is beyond good. I can say I, fortunately, haven't used it too much, but when I do, I like the fact to be able to speak with a real human being that knows how to resolve a problem.
Patrick Skinner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use monday.com for a wide range of things: -CRM -Project Management -R&D -Order Management -Procurement.
  • Very clean automations.
  • Extremely customizable.
  • Easily manage teams.
  • Endless amount of space.
  • More templates.
  • More training videos on how to maximize monday.
If you only want a CRM, don't use monday. If you want a full suite of products in one, use monday.
As long as you know your way around the software, you can pretty much achieve anything you want.
They used to have an on-call service, now you have to email them. It's understandable, but I miss when you could call in.
Iliya Dimitrov | TrustRadius Reviewer
The beautiful thing about Monday.com is that it could be used in many scenarios. With enough creativity it could be a one size fits all solution when it comes to work. We use it to organize, track, streamline and visualize processes, projects and tasks amongst other.

Monday.com could be a real problem solver with it's many capabilities. There are still things to be desired when it comes to the functionalities, but there has definitely been a huge progress in a short period of time.
  • Database holder
  • Visualization capabilities
  • Sharing capabilities - Dashboards
  • Automation capabilities
  • Email integration capabilities
I think it's pretty much well suited for everything. The only scenario I feel Monday.com is less appropriate is when it comes to advanced/into depth visualizations.
I am giving a 10, because the platform is really customizable. With enough creativity, there are not many things that can't be achieved with Monday.com.
The overall support Monday.com gives is amazing. The 24/7 customer support is quick in responding, and most of the times will find a solution or give an alternative one.

Customer Success Management is good, responsive and caring.
We use monday.com for project management for our marketing and growth team. It helps us to see where projects stand, their likely completion and see what each team member is working on. Our entire marketing team uses it and we review our weekly projects via this tool in our weekly team meeting.
  • Easy to set up
  • Fairly simple to customize based on your teams' unique needs
  • It can be overwhelming to customize the tool and takes time to see what works for your team.
  • I wish there was some sort of set onboarding to help your team all get organized and up to date with the tool at once.
  • New features are being added constantly and that can be a bit cumbersome to relearn at times.
Monday.com is great for managing projects across a team that is hybrid. During the pandemic, it helped our team to stay organized and up to date on where projects stand. When everyone can customize their own monday boards, it can be hard to have consistency across each person's projects and have streamlined processes.
With our team all creating their own templates, its hard to quickly compare where every project stands compared to others, and to compare team members' workloads. Sometimes the customization can be a downside. The automation is great but does take some time to learn and set up for each board and team member.
We have barely interacted with our customer support manager, and they don't reach out very often so I can't say they're responsive or available regularly.
Rebekah Longenecker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use monday.com to keep track of our customers and to stay on top of projects to make sure they are moving forward so nothing falls between the cracks! Love that we can share it with our customers as well, so they can see the progress during the implementation process to they know what they need to do and what our team needs to address and take care of.
  • Tracking
  • See changes in real time
  • Kanban board makes for easy viewing
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Nothing at this time. Works as intended and it amazing for our team.
During the implementation process, we are able to designate to our customers the tasks they need to complete and they can see the tasks we complete. It works great because both the customer and us can quickly see and track the progress of our customers to make sure they are moving forward and cuts down and the back and forth emails!
Monday.com is simple and easy to use and makes a great must-have tool for project management. Being able to set due dates is a great feature so both the customer and our company can make sure the project is moving forward. We love that we can customize so many of the features so it is tailored for our needs!
I have not really had to contact support as the product works as intended. But they were quick and helpful the one time we needed them!
I use it to manage education, technology and marketing projects. In case of marketing projects helps in the planning and management of advertising campaigns. In educational projects it allows the teachers of the different departments to keep track of the activities of the students assigned to projects in companies.In the area of technological advice it allows us to carry out an orderly management of the activities to be carried out for each of the different courses we support
  • Planning.
  • Project manager.
  • Activity control.
  • Gantt diagram.
  • Easier collaborative work for team members.
Manage inboud marketing campaigns:You can break down the activities carried out in each part of the campaign to later visualize the times in a gant.
Technological projects : Assign to the members of the team different projects so that they are carried out according to the calendar of activities and support.
I have never worked with a project manager and the monday.com environment is intuitive and easy to manage. I really liked the ease with which I can export the information to make executive presentations, and also the ease with which it is integrated into my 365 account allowing me to save time in search of integration tutorials.
personally I have never needed the support of the platform because as I mentioned above, it is a tool that is very intuitive to carry out and manage projects. Anyone without prior knowledge can use it and you will find it wonderful. But it is good to know that you have a support of 24 hrs.
monday.com is basically used for collating requirements from customers and then prioritizing and tracking them end to end. We use this to maintain product backlog in different aspects of the product/ domains for which we have created different buckets/ categories in monday.com. The main business problem monday.com solves is maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog and tagging it appropriately and also to the right Customer Organizations. It is very easy to use and track in monday.com. So the scope is entering, managing and tracking the Product Backlog by putting in the validated customer requirements from field team in monday.com.
  • Capturing requirements.
  • Maintaining product backlog.
  • Prioritizing items.
  • Tracking statutes of requirements.
  • Adding comments and additional details.
  • Automating redundant tasks.
  • Integration with collaborative/ productive platforms.
  • Performance at some times.
This is well suited for Product Management and backlog prioritization. Less suited for internal comms.
It is easy to use and doesn't require much training to use the tool as it is intuitive.
Great customer support, never had an issue.
Jaime Maña | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sales Pipeline and control of contacts and leads. Activities control
  • Lead control
  • Control users
  • Opportunities control
  • Tasks control
  • Dashboard panels (Columns could be modified in agree with the user)
Well Suited: control Tasks, leads and opportunities
Less appropriate: Billing / Proposals / Sales control
Easy use, good dashboard and easy control
Permanently personalized support with no more than 4 hours to answer.
We use monday.com to delegate tasks amongst our staff. This is especially helpful when our managers or business owners need to work from home, and can quickly put a task up and assign it to the correct person or people. monday.com has improved our communication among staff in the midst of projects. It is easy to find where one person left off and another person can pick up the project pretty easily.
  • Assigning tasks.
  • Organizing tasks.
  • Assigning a date to tasks.
  • Seeing the status of a task or project.
  • We've had the site crash a few times recently.
  • A room reservation system would be an interesting feature.
  • Publishing Social Media posts from the monday.com scheduler if possible?
monday.com is really great for task-driven projects. It is easy to communicate when there are clear steps or protocols put into place that already exist. monday.com would be more difficult to use for a project that's more problem-solving-based or where there is not a clear protocol to follow.
monday.com is very customizable to fit different business needs. Our business mainly uses monday.com for task delegation and project management. The different boards keep us organized in each manner we need for different projects. Delegating tasks to specific people has helped us keep track of who is doing what and when. Being able to leave a status update also has been very beneficial in our internal communication.
If we have ever had an issue, it gets resolved within an hour or explained in a professional but easy to understand way. We've only had a few days over the year when monday.com has been down completely, and it is always up and running within a few hours. Customer support and monday.com as a software are very reliable.
We're a fast growing edtech company that supports 100s of use cases in the K12 education industry. Project planning with our customer base has always been a challenge - especially given the fact that teachers and administrators have quite a few things on their plates (and project planning is not necessarily a forte in K12). In order to provide a degree of coherence to our use case implementations, we needed a tool that could:
  1. Effective and versatile to the peculiarities of K12
  2. Have automations and workflows that don't require my team to spend vast amounts of time verifying the completion of action items
  3. Allow our customers to participate in the tool that guides their projects and outcomes
Every customer (ie school district) gets their own board that they can follow, participate in, and hold all stakeholders accountable. This type of product is really quite new to K12 schools (they're frequently surprised at how well it works). They tend to really like the experience.
  • You can share boards with particular customers and have them participate as guests.
  • You can set automations to remind customers of their action items.
  • You can create templates in monday.com that match your own frameworks and workflows.
  • Board integrations. There are a limited amount of board links you can have. We're tracking 200+ school districts at the moment (each with a board). That gets complicated.
  • I love Monday Docs. I would love to see export features: Specifically HTML and/or Markdown. It's what keeps me from using it in every form for actual authoring of content (i.e. - export to WordPress). There are some hacky ways to do this - but would be cool to see.
  • Some performance issues with Monday Docs. But it's new!
Oh my gosh, monday.com would be great tool for school leadership. Assuming they know how to use technology (not necessarily a safe assumption). I can easily see leadership and school boards creating monday.com boards to actually execute their strategic plans (which are rather big political affairs and you want to get right).

There still is a learning curve. Less about how to use the tool. Rather, how to have the tool support and rock your use cases and workflows. This is a particular problem in software (we face the same issue with our platform). You can figure out how to use a board. The next question is "how do a create an amazing workflow, board, framework, whatnot to support the real problem(s) I'm facing.

Indeed, everyone I know who really embraces monday.com usually takes their first creations (after a month or so) and deletes them. Better to just start over again once you really "get" how wrangle monday.com to your use cases. That was certainly true for us. (Thankfully, we were warned.)
Easier than Asana (why we chose monday.com over Asana). Your aesthetic is very K12 education in tone. It's the little things I like (and borrow) - like when emails say "made with (heart emoji) by monday.com".
I've not actually interacted with CS - but folks on my team have and they find them incredibly responsive.
Brooke Harper | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used in our Marketing department. We needed a way to keep track of all the moving parts of our Creative projects. Everything from which date the writing and design needs to be done, when it is being published, along with the statuses of each element as well. We use the link columns as well to keep track of the links for different assets. We also use this platform to forecast what projects are coming up as well as what projects have been finished.
  • Great usability - Once you know the platform, it is easy to customize it to fit your needs.
  • Great customer service - You can email them anytime and ask questions and they are very responsive. They will either direct you on how to accomplish what you are looking for, provide work arounds, or let the dev team know that that feature would be helpful.
  • Great tutorials and resources - They have lots of YouTube video tutorials and articles on their website to help explain different features to you. They also do occasional webinars to explain new things as well.
  • They have a lot of different views for the boards as well. You can see it in the normal table/line item view, but you can also create a Gantt chart view, timeline view, etc. You can also sort by a specific person and only see the items that they are assigned to, which is super helpful for my team members.
  • It would be nice to be able to auto-number some groups in a board. We put numbers by prioritized projects/groups on our board, but when we re-order we have to manually re-number all of those tasks.
  • It would be nice to have the ability to expand all sub-items at one time. I think this feature could be nice, but when we are reviewing the board as a team, it is not efficient to have to click each sub-item button to see those items.
If you have many different projects and tasks to keep track of, and you have many different aspects of those that you want to be able to see at one time then monday.com is great. It is super helpful for Creatives to be able to quickly see the tasks that they are assigned to and when they need to be done by. It is helpful for leadership to be able to see where projects are at and be able to judge each team member's workload at any given time.
I think this platform has great usability, if you know the platform. I really dove in when I started using it and played around with different items to try and improve my team's use of it. I think it can be a little bit confusing or easy-to-mess-up if you don't have very much experience with it, but once I dove in and got to know the platform, it is super easy to use and customize to fit your needs. The automations are helpful (although my team does not use many of them). We have also not integrated monday.com with a lot of platforms but I know there is that option.
Their customer service is great. They are very quick to respond, and either direct you to the solution for your problem or suggest a work around if that exact option is not yet available. They have also told me that they will forward my idea on to the development team which is helpful as well. Sometimes it would be nice to talk to the same person regarding an issue, as different people will respond throughout the email chain a lot of times, but it allows them to respond quickly and gain different perspectives.
We use monday.com to create and assign tasks to certain employees and departments. This allows us to complete projects with urgency in a productive manner and on time.
  • Organizes tasks by color.
  • Ability to create new boards and share them with others.
  • Create notifications to team members of changes to the project scope.
  • The pricing plan after 5 users jumps to 10 users. No plan for 6 or 7 users, and you have to pay for 10.
  • There are a limited about of colors to choose and I find having to duplicate colors.
  • The name monday.com is a bit confusing when talking to an employee "You can find your task on Monday."
It's well suited to keep teams organized. Departments can hold accountable to ensure tasks and projects are completed on time.
Everything is laid out nicely, and there are many features that are thought out with customer experience in mind.
Sometimes there has been a delay in response, but I have found the chat to be quicker.
We use monday.com for stakeholder management. We keep our calendars and processes for different areas of the marketing department on the site so that we can provide the whole company visibility into our activities and plans. Also, we invite our vendors to our shared boards so that we can keep everything in one place that works for everybody. We have boards for events, campaigns, content, approvals, vendors, and more.
  • Items and sub items help keep your boards organized
  • Automated workflows make it easy to notify team members exactly when you need it to
  • Dashboards help visualize progress as you begin working on and completing items
  • Importing Excel docs can sometimes be a struggle
  • Notifications are not consolidated. So if a teammate makes a new board and assigns me to a bunch of items, I get an individual notification of every single one
  • I like sub-items, but they aren’t always necessary so making them unremovable isn’t great
If you have a lot of stakeholder management, then this is really great. monday.com helps keep processes and plans in order in an easy way that gives visibility to the entire team as needed. If you are not a process-oriented team, then this may not be right for you. However, I think it can help any team keep organized and understand all of their responsibilities.
The build of the boards and items are very straightforward across all of their templates. If you have a question, their support section is easy to find and actually answers questions people are asking. Every board is customizable, so you can be sure to use the platform in a way that suits your company instead of trying to conform to the software.
I’ve only used the FAQ section before, and that has been enough to answer my questions. I give an 8 because the FAQs should answer questions, and then hopefully, the customer won’t have to reach out to support. However, I can’t give a 10 because I’ve never used support (never had to.)
I use monday.com for nearly every aspect of my business. We use it to manage projects, meetings, opportunities, onboarding new employees, forecasting, team and client communications, help desk, and managing resources. The uses we find for monday.com are endless, as are its customization options. We integrate it with the other systems we use such as Outlook, limiting the need for extraneous emails. We can have conversations about projects and tasks right where they need to be. monday.com is the heartbeat of our company's operations.
  • Project communications
  • Automation and systems integration
  • Ease of adding integrations and automation. It's good. I just think it could be easier to manage the multitude necessary on some boards we've built.
monday.com is great where you need to collaborate on tasks. Where we'd once utilize email to communicate, we can now coordinate, manage, communicate, and do everything all in one place. And the communication is especially helpful. Because of the communication it fosters—right where the work is happening—our team is no longer overwhelmed with email that is out of context. Whatever conversation you're having is right where it needs to be.
monday.com gives you the ability to move information around however you need. Send emails, notifications, change project/task status, manage deadlines, anything you need to automate the process of getting things done. It's amazing.
We've had very little need for support. It's so damn good and easy to use, there are very few occasions I can remember where I couldn't figure things out on my own. And when we did need support, it was there and easy to access.
Curtis Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
We mainly use it for project management of marketing campaigns, creative and graphic requests, and product development lifecycle management. We also use it for individual management of personal tasks to manage the day-to-day items that come up for each person on the creative and marketing side of the company.
  • Easy UI.
  • Project management.
  • Workflow.
  • Automation.
  • Customization over email updates.
Monday.com is great for project management. The ability to set deadlines, create subtasks under a main task and assign them to different members of the team is great. Keeps things all under the same project. Also, manage your personal tasks on a board of your own to know, outside of major projects, what you need to accomplish daily.
We have no so savvy computer people on our team and they are able to use monday.com because of how easy it is to navigate and do what you need to do. I've found the platform easy to build what you need using the templates as the base, especially because they have templates for everything you can think of.
I have used their customer service one time. It was a question about integration surrounding social media platforms. They were able to answer my question quickly via the chat function.