Reviews (1-25 of 74)
September 18, 2019
Monday.com is being used by my department in order to track our progress of our month and quarter end schedules. It allows us to collaborate together and send messages when we are hung up on a step. MY staff are able to send messages to each other and when they check off a task it alerts the next person who needs that step completed before they are able to move on to their task.
- Informs users when tasks are completed
- Ease of use
- Multiple people can edit the list at any time
- Not much outside of tracking a checklist
- Limited number of people who can have access to your board (unless you upgrade)
- Doesn't track the time spent on each task (unless you upgrade)
Read Brian Goldrick's full review
I enjoy the ease of use of the system from logging in to inputting your information. The ability to be able to tag an employee if they are waiting on a task to be completed is a nice function. Previously we were tracking this in excel and only one person could be in the checklist at a time without causing errors. With Monday.com, multiple users can be in the checklist at any given time with no issues.
December 20, 2019
We use monday.com across our revenue teams to keep our teams organized in regard to key projects and priorities. Our leadership teams and management teams use it to drive success in team meetings as well as to run individual projects and project boards. Our PM team manages the system and has trained all users to ensure we are using it similarly across all teams.
Read Sarah Baddeley's full review
I would recommend this for scenarios where you're running a project and need to keep items organized, on track and see project status reports in different views: kanban, calendar, etc. The automation is also awesome and works well across various tasks and projects. Very easy to use and get visibility into key initiatives.
July 24, 2019
monday.com is being used company-wide for all departments. The biggest problem it addresses is it's an easy way for teams to manage their individual work load and see progress on all projects. monday.com has the easiest interface to understand, and is extremely easy to use and knock out tasks.
- Easily move columns and rows to customize your view.
- Easily update progress status with the click of a button, and assign a task owner.
- The bright color coding makes it easy to visually organize information and track progress at a glance.
- There should be more plan diversity, and options for smaller businesses
- There are tons of ads asking to constantly upgrade our current plan
Read Nichole Pelaez's full review
monday.com is well suited for any person or organization that needs to quickly and easily manage tasks, projects, and work with a team. Deadlines and priorities can easily be set and followed, and you will be much more efficient with a management tool like monday.com. This platform can provide one place for all of your notes, and attachments related to any task or project that the team can view and comment on. The absolute best thing about monday.com is you only need to enter your data once and it automatically allows you to see different views based on your need. Anyone who needs a diverse way of looking at information would love this platform, whether its calendar view, a timeline view, or task view, or kanban this platforms gives you all of the options you need.
July 24, 2019
I work for a locally based Property Management company. We rent homes, as well as renovate, repair, collect rent, etc. It's helped us get more organized and track data across all of these departments - Applications Processing, Leasing, Repairs, and Collections. We have boards that track each call that comes in, all of our rental homes, every rental application we receive, and all of our past due accounts. One of the best ways Monday has helped us is with the texting and email functionality. We can send information via text or email to our prospects, our residents, and also our investors - all with the click of a button.
- Customer service is amazing - I always receive a detailed reply so quickly.
- They listen to their users! They are always adding new features based on what their customers ask for!
- The automation and integrations are really what make our boards pop.
- It's visually pleasing! We love the colors and the user-friendly functions.
- This may already exist - but I would love a video that tells us about all the latest features.
- I would recommend a cheaper plan for single-person use (or perhaps for a family?) I could see a teacher using this for their classroom planning.
- A group for similar companies to connect with each other and share their use-cases would be awesome! I haven't seen any other property mgmt companies on here, but I would love to chat with any that might also be using Monday.
- The ability to upload an excel spreadsheet *after* you've made the board and set up the automation & integrations. This would be a great time-saver for us.
Read Karen Mulford's full review
Our company used to spend countless hours sending Investor Updates to all of our investors who were not paid in full for the month. We have found a way to upload an excel spreadsheet with all of the necessary info, and used an email integration so that we can type a quick update (with the perfect template already in place) and send the email. It has greatly increased the speed at which we send these updates. What used to take us a week now takes one day.
October 21, 2019
It's used by our operations department. Most of us work remotely so it's an excellent tool for us all to stay in touch, collaborate, communicate,etc. I personally use Monday.com for just about everything. I keep my daily to do list, meeting notes, and random thoughts there. It's nice because I can easily share it with the rest of my team.
- Team collaboration, communication, and sharing
- Also love that it integrates with my Calendar so I can easily see due dates of projects
- Very helpful integration and automation tools
- I honestly can't think of anything
Read Jen Sheppard's full review
As a team, we have found multiple use cases for Monday.com. We've been able to create and share forms all within Monday.com. Sharing meeting notes and action items with the whole group while being able to tag others and have them comment and provide feedback. It's really helped us all get organized.
September 24, 2019
We use Monday.com com throughout the whole company for project management, for time logging purposes, and project progress and issue tracking. Since we use this tool. we feel that the project are much more under control, and there are much less missing deadlines, unresolved issues, and better client feedbacks. Logging our time is even easier than before and the team and project manager understands who is doing what and when.
- Great way to manage projects effectively
- Good marketing automation system, that lets you manage the landing pages and the web forms
- Amazing technical support
- It is difficult to track expenses, resources and nominations
- Document mapping could be better
- Some visualization could be better (e.g: kan ban).
Read Akos Krommer, CISA, ACDA's full review
Monday.com proved to be a great tool for our organization. Our business is pleased with the user experience which is something that the tool does really well. We are absolutely satisfied with the tool and consider it as an excellent investment. We can only recommend it for the development of large-scale projects. This tool is also ideal for companies and organizations where people work remotely. One field where it does not fit well is the mobile part. If you are on the way frequently, the mobile app is not well implemented, especially it has not been done well for collaboration.
September 23, 2019
The marketing department uses Monday.com to manage the projects that we do on a daily basis. We have a lot of different projects involving different team (Design, web development, data analytics and etc.) and Monday.com helped us to stay organized and up to date. There are also daily tasks that are on personal lists where we have kept tracking our own to-dos.
- Easy navigation and project creation.
- A great timeline function to track progress and stay on top of the deadline.
- It would be great to be able to create sub-tasks under the main project and track progress.
- Improve the collaboration functions among people doing the same project.
- We would benefit from a team calendar.
Read Toby Mei's full review
Monday.com is suitable for teams that do relatively simple tasks and projects, and it's a great tool to manage personal to-dos.
September 21, 2019
Our entire organization is using Monday.com. We use it to organize and collaborate on tasks for projects. Monday.com helps keep our staff accountable on tasks and helps identify bottlenecks on projects. It has improved our productivity and workflow. The software also provides visuals to see the status of tasks and every team member's responsibilities for a project.
- The visual task board is simple to use and very easy to understand.
- It's very easy to invite internal and external people to collaborate on projects.
- It provides a great timeline tool which alerts members on when tasks are due.
- There are a lot of new features being rolled out; it's hard to keep up with the new features.
- The scheduling tool could offer more; it's not really set up to handle scheduling activities for a very large organization.
- The lingo and language Monday.com uses takes a while to learn and grasp.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Monday.com is great for helping small teams collaborate on projects. It helps keep our teams organized and on track to meet deadlines for projects. We also appreciate the integration with Slack. Expect a little bit of a learning curve and some time to get certain automation features set up. This is, however, definitely software that you want to spend some time learning because the more your teams know, the more your teams will get out of Monday.com.
September 20, 2019
We use monday.com in our marketing department to manage projects as a team and individually. It helps us track our tasks and ideas all in one place. We can see what the entire team is doing and how long projects/task take. We use the tagging system to track the types of tasks and the groups and boards to share information with one another.
- Groups within boards help to organize different tasks in one board.
- Color coding for easy to find items.
- Automations to help the board function without manual processes.
- You only have a certain number of automations available.
- The boards and groups could use some improvement.
- The tagging system needs unlimited.
Read Sierra Schubach's full review
We jumped on the monday.com ship because it functioned really well in the beginning and still functions for what we need today. However, I don't see it growing with us, and that is a problem because we will lose all the tasks that we have currently running in the system.
September 20, 2019
We use Monday.com with our marketing team to manage our team projects, tasks, campaigns, operations, time tracking, etc. It helps us stay on top of it all with automated reminders, dashboards, and task lists. We can assign tasks to certain team members as well as assign them to project tags.
- Task management - Creating tasks is really easy, and you can upload CSV lists as well.
- Task assignment - I love that you can assign one task to multiple people.
- Grouping - Within one project board, you can segment your tasks out into relevant groups to stay organized.
- Automations. The range of automation available is fantastic, and they are super easy to set up.
- Integrations - They offer a lot of integrations, but none of them are useful for our team. We need one for Smartsheet or Salesforce, and these are not available.
- Notifications - There is not enough customization available for notifications. I wish I could set my notification preferences by the board, instead of a global setting.
- Support - I have never received responses to my support questions.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
For us, it does the job well. But we only need a lightweight project management tool. If you need something more robust, this may not be suited for you.
September 20, 2019
At my company, we use Monday.com in our Marketing and Business Development departments. We use it as a communication page for tasks needing to get done and dates that they need to get done by. It is nice to have a clear list of what you need to do by the end of the week. It is very customizable so you are able to prioritize items in order of importance to the individual user! The problems that this addresses for our company are making sure nothing goes by the wayside, allowing people in our company from all over the US to communicate on one platform and easily get things done!
- Customization is key in this software. You can create drop-down menus to put your tasks in. Mine is titled this week, next week, asap, etc... to make it easy for me to move things around and nothing gets left to be forgotten!
- Monday allows my team to set goals and take a HUGE amount of data tasking and sum it up into tasks for different individuals to disperse the workload. There are clear guidelines and it's easy to follow.
- In my experience, I have not had much trouble in difficulty with this software. I can easily use it and there don't seem to be any bugs that I've found.
Read Alexa Fuhrman's full review
Monday.com would be more suited for users with a huge amount of tasks ranging in difficulty and time frames that they need to be done by. It might be less suited for someone who is doing the same job day-to-day. The purpose of this is to help you organize the items that you need to get done and share the team workload but also being able to see your co-workers tasks and workload as well.
September 17, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
Monday is fairly easy and simple. Coming from a JIRA user (from a scrum aspect), Monday is much easier and more intuitive, especially for our sprints. Non-technical colleagues have been able to understand and create simple tasks fairly quickly and easily. We are currently using it for our software development lifecycle for our main core product.
- Easy to create tasks and assign
- Quick overview of status of task/stories
- integration with Slack and MSFT Teams
- User administration
- incorporation into Active Directory / LDAP (rather than using OKTA).
- better mobile app
Read Anson Abraham's full review
In the Software Development Lifecycle aspect whether it be a waterfall or scrum approach, Monday suits both methodologies. It is definitely not feasible to use it as a bug tracking system. Esepcially when creating tasks for bugs, such as P0s or P1s. Movement between Kanban and scrum is fairly easy as well.
December 23, 2019
I use monday.com to stay on course for all the projects I'm working on. It keeps me focused and knowing what I need to get done in a professional manner. I do marketing and want to keep my team up to date even co-workers in different departments - monday.com helps the company keep everything in sync and organized.
Read Nick Throlson's full review
monday.com allows me to post for my team what is going on first thing Monday morning. No confusion on what we need to do, it has everything we are working on and tasks they need to get completed. I highly recommend using this software no longer need to keep everything on paper or notepad this is all online backed up and all my colleagues know its value.
August 16, 2019
The entire team is using monday.com to manage internal projects from engineering to design.
- Ease of use - Very easy to use for non-technical people.
- Ease of management - Easy to manage and configure.
- Flexibility - It includes features to easily switch between different management paradigms such as scrum, kanban, XP.
- UI: The UI is not easy to get used to, there are sidebars, inboxes, groups, projects that all feel the same, they almost have no difference either in functionality nor in appearance.
- Loose workflows - Most workflows are too loose. Anyone can create, delete, change or move tasks, groups, and boards. This almost depends on how you have configured the app but it is also monday.com guiding you to do it that way, there is no convention on how to set projects up.
Read Hernán Silva's full review
monday.com is well suited to small and medium-sized projects where a tight workflow is not needed. If you only need task management monday.com will suit you well. If you need end-to-end project management including sprints, task workflows, and user access control, other tools will suit those projects best.
August 01, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
We were using Monday.com to try and track our projects and processes. It worked almost like a daily task list and it helped us with completing the projects and tasks by knowing which specific part of the project has been completed or where someone was at on it. The other good thing about Monday.com was we were able to see if someone was getting stuck or having an issue completing their part and someone could assist them as needed.
- Used for our AT&T internet upgrade across all our locations in the U.S.
- It was also used to publish some of our purchase orders so everyone could see the progress.
- It was used to track our infrastructure testing at our locations.
- Perhaps less data needs to be given when creating a project or task.
- Too many emails from Monday.com throughout the day.
- A way to go in and change the working of someone else's comments.
Read Jeff Bachus's full review
I think if a company didn't have SharePoint or some other type of project management software, this would be a good fit. It's customizable to fit the needs of your specific company.
July 31, 2019
I used monday.com within my department. We needed a project management tool that was not as robust as MS Project but more user-friendly than tracking tasks in Excel.
- I love that it's web-based and accessible anywhere you have Internet access
- I like that it's dynamic, and you can have multiple people give updates (as opposed to the version control issues that come when multiple people try to update a static Excel file)
- I found the interface to be fairly intuitive
- There were too many emails that came from monday.com. For me, it's a tool - not a lifestyle where I need the constant barrage of emails. And because it's well designed, I didn't need as much instruction as the emails provided.
Read Michelle Braun's full review
It's a strong collaboration tool - for any time you have tasks that need to be spread out between/among 2 or more people.
Monday.com is being used by most of the departments of our company, it allows us greater communication when carrying out a project, keeping track of each one of them since on the platform we can visualize at what stage each project is. We can say that now everything is in one place, without so much paperwork, and every department that uses Monday.com realizes how it suits their needs.
- I like that the Monday.com platform sends me email notifications because it has integration with Gmail, this is very important for each of us.
- We have reduced the delivery time of projects, there are no delays or duplicate documents that make our work difficult, but each task is done with love and perfectly well.
- Thanks to Monday.com all participants collaborate on the projects and the attention that this gives our clients is greater than before using it, this happens because it synchronizes the awnings of the files in the cloud.
- The Gantt chart facilitates the attention of all users to the pending tasks, since the tasks that are completed, in-process or declined are shown in color.
- I can honestly say that the price is somewhat expensive, especially when many people use it in the same organization, the price rises.
- I would like Monday.com to have the point of sale function on any of its platforms, whether web or mobile. This is usually an inconvenience in the sales process.
- It bothers me that Monday.com does not include the task compliance tracking by members.
Read Jeniriana Rodriguez's full review
This software is a great choice if security is needed in the tasks to be performed and in the data, its storage is incredible. I like being able to use it every day and make my work a little easier, without getting confused and able to have the collaboration of my team.
July 29, 2019
The technical team here at LendEDU handles all web development aspects of the company. Some of those aspects are taking requests from the other departments within the organization. Those same requests are then turned into pulses within the two-week sprint (SCRUM) setup within Monday.com. We assign the developers and have a pulse owner. We utilize both the priority and status tab integrated with automation notifications to allow the owners to approve the pulse as completed and then move all code to production.
- Notifications: When a pulse is set to a certain status, the owner is notified via email and within the app. This is a great feature to have the owner approve quickly and get non-users engaged in the process.
- Status: Figure where the pulse is at in its stages of the development life cycle. This makes it easy to know where the entire project stands and helps with predictability.
- CPU usage: if I have the app open too long, it sucks the usage away from other programs that I am using.
Read Ray Flores's full review
Web development: well suited for tasks and projects for granular attention. Sprints: well suited for a week by week scene for a macro view of the project as a whole.
July 23, 2019
Monday.com is used by our marketing team and external agency to manage our WIP, marketing plan projects, content ideas, and social media posting schedules. Every team member has their own board of projects they are working on, and we also have a team board which tracks our team goals and results. The team uses the boards to collaborate across projects internally and with our external agency. Some of our team work from home, and we have found monday.com useful for keeping everyone updated on projects when team members are away from the office. At any given time, we can access a project or task, monitor the progress, and see notes and documents related to the task. As the team manager, I can assign new tasks to members outside of the office and receive notifications of any updates related to the task.
- Collaboration with external teams.
- Central location for all tasks and projects including notes and documents.
- monday.com's team are constantly making improvements and releasing new features.
- Deadlines and budgets can be easily tracked.
- The constant offers to upgrade to the next level become annoying. We have no need for the next level, so that's pointless for us.
Read Kate Woollard's full review
This is a great tool to manage different projects across a department or multiple departments. It's very useful if you are collaborating with external teams or team members based in different GEO locations.
July 22, 2019
We are using monday.com throughout the company to manage all our customer projects, since we are a fully digital and distributed company that implement and manage customers ERP-solutions in the cloud, based on Microsoft Navision and Business Central. For us, it is crucial to be able to both keep control of all projects and use it to share the project progress with all our customers on a shared board.
- It is very easy to set up a project plan that is very clear and precise so all members of the team can see what they have to accomplish within a project.
- Following up projects are super simple and it is fairly easy to see the status over multiple projects.
- Super simple to automate tasks.
- Time function to measure who has done what and with a field where you can add notes to what you have done is something I have asked for because the solution for time tracking today is not useable for us.
- Not very simple to have a bird's eye view over resource use per consultant in projects when they are in multiple projects.
- Product owners at monday.com often need in depth explanations when you ask for a feature but they are very supportive and fast.
Read Hans Ahlborg's full review
monday.com is well suited for projects where you involve your customers so everyone is on the same sheet all the time. It is super simple to write updates and keep everyone participating in a project on the same page. However, if you have a lot of running projects, with a lot of people in those projects, it's difficult to keep a bird's eye overview.
July 21, 2019
We use monday.com in the sales department to coordinate daily tasks on a weekly basis. The main problem we're solving is intra-department cooperation between sales managers in the field and pre-sales engineers who help with building proposals, writing RFP answers and presenting our products. With many ongoing business cases, it was very difficult to organize the priorities of the team and the implications of these priorities towards the daily tasks of team members. We started out with weekly whole-team stand-up meetings using kanban-style stick-it notes on the wall to distribute collaboration tasks, but that turned out to be too manual and lacking any kind of functional depth. Then we tried out monday.com and quickly fell in love with it. Now it's used by 10 people, we organize our weekly stand-up meeting around it and use it not only to control existing tasks but also to register new ideas when they come up, brainstorm about them and gradually transform them into new tasks. On top of that, monday.com helped many of us on an individual basis. We use it to organize private tasks, and it replaced free text and excel sheets for tasks such as marketing campaigns and mini-project management.
- Multi-platform accessibility.
- Easy to use from day one.
- Flexibility to create special tools that is extremely user friendly.
- Not quite fine tuned for mobile platforms.
- Core functionality is still being finalized (you see important changes from time to time).
Read Adam Zeman's full review
monday.com is well suited to facilitate the cooperation of small-to-mid-sized business in any industry. Some flexibility of cooperation rules is needed - it's not a tailor-made system and standard features must be respected. I can imagine it could act as a great sales CRM for small sales teams. It's probably too much freestyle for well-established companies. For task management and collaboration, something like Jira or other more professional tools would be better.
July 20, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I started using it for my own organization running a single-member LLC. As I started becoming familiar, I introduced clients and shared boards. I also give out my other 4 licenses for clients to test drive. I wish I could build content and then transfer to there account.
- Speeds up the finesse of a shareable document.
- Drag and drop is pretty decent.
- Template library and inspiration.
- API and automation.
- Fair and respectable pricing model.
- Moving content between accounts for admin or sysop. I would love to at minimum build templates without account data. Best case would be full board export.
- Logo cropping ease of use. It feels like your programmer is being lazy.
- Engage with template walk through workshops.
Read Woody van Horn's full review
It does most everything, so I really can’t think of a non-applicable subject or medium.
We use monday.com as a tool to manage tasks. In comparison to other tools like JIRA or Trello, it gives you a lot consolidated ways of managing the status of a task that has to go through a number of different groups of people (designer, developers, QA, review, etc). Status at every stage is something that helps us keep on plan.
Read Art Bukowski's full review
When you run an agency with a lot of projects across multiple clients with a lot of subcontractors, it's an app that will save your life. The only problem with monday.com is that it's hard to manage documentation and communication (or seems hard in the beginning). Other than that I would never look into something else to manage tasks.
September 19, 2019
We use monday.com across all departments and it's primarily used for project management and publishing deadlines.
Read Matt Lleshi's full review
It's great for project management and team management. It's not so good as a collaboration tool.
September 17, 2019
My team uses Monday.com to help keep track of where all their projects stand as far as due dates. It helps give you an organized view of everything you have going on and when things are due. It is also a very collaborative tool. I think it helps people know if they are on track or not with their project deadlines.
- Keeps Track of Deadlines for Projects
- Gives you a running list of everything you are working on
- Lets your team and manager provide feedback and check in with status updates on each project
- It'd be nice to have an app that can manage all your projects on the go
- Getting started with Monday.com is a little challenging because they have so much to offer- it takes a little bit to get used to
- It'd be nice if Monday.com sent progress reports at the end of each week that were automated, or sent alerts to you if you get behind on something.
Read Karie Zoril's full review
Monday.com is great for users who have a lot of projects going on and need to keep track of what is due, and when. This program is less suitable for those who don't have very many projects or routine tasks to do. Monday.com is a really great organizational tool!
monday.com Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Monday includes productivity features such as customizable workflows, time tracking, automated notifications, dependencies, integrations, and timeline views to help teams achieve the result they want for every project milestone. The tool is highly customizable and works for any workflow and any team size.
With Monday, companies you can plan, execute and track work in one visual, collaborative space.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Yearly plan: Save 18% Two yearly plan: 32% Monthly plan also available
monday.com Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||50%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
monday.com Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
monday.com Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish|