monday.com Reviews

Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Good but expensive

We used monday.com for our project management. We make books and there's a long process for how to make them. We were using a spreadsheet to keep track of everything and we needed a better system. We needed something that was beautiful and easy as we managed our books. It solved the problem of project management.
  • This app is beautifully designed.
  • They have templates to help you get started.
  • There's a big of a learning curve on how to use it
  • You have to pay more to get more functionality
Monday.com was okay. I see it as a beautiful version of Google Sheets, but we couldn't justify the cost of it being the primary tool that we used. If someone is looking for a project management software that was beautiful and kept their team on track, and they had the budget for it, I would recommend it. For a small start-up like us, we couldn't justify the monthly price in comparison to the competition.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Sarah Baddeley | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Monday.com Review from Tech Company

We use monday.com across our revenue teams to keep our teams organized in regard to key projects and priorities. Our leadership teams and management teams use it to drive success in team meetings as well as to run individual projects and project boards. Our PM team manages the system and has trained all users to ensure we are using it similarly across all teams.
  • Organizes projects.
  • Automates tasks.
  • Organization of sidebar.
  • Tagging users/inviting guest users.
I would recommend this for scenarios where you're running a project and need to keep items organized, on track and see project status reports in different views: kanban, calendar, etc. The automation is also awesome and works well across various tasks and projects. Very easy to use and get visibility into key initiatives.
Read Sarah Baddeley's full review
Jen Sheppard | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 21, 2019

I am obsessed with Monday.com!

It's used by our operations department. Most of us work remotely so it's an excellent tool for us all to stay in touch, collaborate, communicate,etc. I personally use Monday.com for just about everything. I keep my daily to do list, meeting notes, and random thoughts there. It's nice because I can easily share it with the rest of my team.
  • Team collaboration, communication, and sharing
  • Also love that it integrates with my Calendar so I can easily see due dates of projects
  • Very helpful integration and automation tools
  • I honestly can't think of anything
As a team, we have found multiple use cases for Monday.com. We've been able to create and share forms all within Monday.com. Sharing meeting notes and action items with the whole group while being able to tag others and have them comment and provide feedback. It's really helped us all get organized.
Read Jen Sheppard's full review
Kristina &quot;Shoots&quot; Wiggins | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Monday.com is awesome

monday.com is being used company wide. We have only just begun using it and are excited to explore and learn all the features and options. Currently we use the Kanban boards to track client progress as well as use it as our CRM tool. We will next be utilizing the forms feature.
  • Organization
  • Features
  • Team Collaboration
  • N/A
Read Kristina "Shoots" Wiggins's full review
Nick Throlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 23, 2019

Monday.com Helps Businesses With Task Managment & Orgnization

I use monday.com to stay on course for all the projects I'm working on. It keeps me focused and knowing what I need to get done in a professional manner. I do marketing and want to keep my team up to date even co-workers in different departments - monday.com helps the company keep everything in sync and organized.
  • Organize
  • Goals
  • Tasks
  • One web browser tab
  • More integrations with 3rd party tools
monday.com allows me to post for my team what is going on first thing Monday morning. No confusion on what we need to do, it has everything we are working on and tasks they need to get completed. I highly recommend using this software no longer need to keep everything on paper or notepad this is all online backed up and all my colleagues know its value.
Read Nick Throlson's full review
Art Bukowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

monday.com, the management app you need when your team is getting big.

We use monday.com as a tool to manage tasks. In comparison to other tools like JIRA or Trello, it gives you a lot consolidated ways of managing the status of a task that has to go through a number of different groups of people (designer, developers, QA, review, etc). Status at every stage is something that helps us keep on plan.
  • Status on stages of project.
  • Managing the whole project from one place.
  • Communication split into threads.
  • Could be funnier! There are no emoticons, no unicorns, no rainbows, or emojis!
When you run an agency with a lot of projects across multiple clients with a lot of subcontractors, it's an app that will save your life. The only problem with monday.com is that it's hard to manage documentation and communication (or seems hard in the beginning). Other than that I would never look into something else to manage tasks.
Read Art Bukowski's full review
February 26, 2020

monday.com - Project Management Couldn't Get More Simple

Monday.com is being used across the entire organization. The platform addresses multiple problems ranging from team collaboration to project organization to leadership team information dispersal. My organization enjoys the fact that the tool is simple and straightforward. They've even thought of all the ways projects can be organized from charts to color coordinated.
  • Project management.
  • Team collaboration.
  • Limited bells and whistles.
  • Not robust enough for a large organization.
If a colleague called me and asked if the organization should use monday.com to conduct their projects and that particular organization was small to midsize or the projects were simple, then I'd say yes without a doubt. I've had really good experiences with it and enjoy the platform immensely. If it's a large organization than I don't believe the platform could handle it.
January 26, 2020

Monday.com is a great team collab tool and I recommend it. However, if you're on a budget, there are more affordable options

It's a great project management tool and it makes it easy for my team to manage our tasks and track progress. Only a few departments in our company use Monday.com, and it's mainly because we have deadlines. Although we assign cases to people on the team, everyone can track the progress of any given project and take over if necessary.
  • Project management
  • Team collaboration
  • Price
  • No option to repeat a task
It's perfect for when you assign cases to different people but want to track all the tasks, easily reassign cases, track progress, request for an update with only click. Sometimes if a person with a case is out sick, not only it is easy to track the work that is done, it's possible to take over the case to make sure it's completed by its due date.
January 18, 2020

Revolutionized Our Team Workflow

Monday.com is a new tool that my company has taken on that has been instrumental in helping us organize all of the upcoming projects we have. I am a part of an events company that is always looking ahead to the next few shows and is always trying to get ahead of the needs for everyone. Because Monday.com allows us to input a new show in the books and keep track of where we are at with preparation, we are able to get ahead of the game when it comes to getting everything ready before the show date.
  • Easy organization.
  • Establishes a workflow.
  • Can be a challenge and a bit overwhelming to learn at first.
  • Sometimes requires someone who is good at programming to organize the workflow.
Whenever we have a new show that pops up on our horizon, we put it right away into a workflow on Monday.com. That way, we are able to make sure every step is taken in the process of preparing for it. We have at least 30-50 different columns for things that need to be checked off per show, and we often are prepping for 20-30 shows at one time, so this definitely helps us keep track of the work we still have and the work that has been done! It is a great tool for team delegation as well, as it helps people see where their responsibilities are on a project.
December 20, 2019

Monday.com - Solid Features, Excellent Price Point, More to Come

Our organization needed an inexpensive tool to utilize in the setup of our RPA team as we were growing the department. Our IT team had various tracking and project management systems at their disposal, but they provided too many options or were too cumbersome or too specific for what we needed. We checked into monday.com and immediately fell in love with the look and feel of the tool. It allows us to track our RPA processes from assessment, to design, development, testing, and promotion.
  • Visually, it's incredibly appealing.
  • Layouts are endless and make sense.
  • It has some email capabilities that do some basics, but are still lacking in functionality.
  • Graphic charts of dashboards are nice, but are rather one dimensional and don't always get to the heart of what I want to see/show.
If you need a tool to track projects while allowing specific accesses to business users, consultants, and guests, Monday.com is perfectly suited. It is simple in its approach and growing in what it provides.

Where it struggles is in providing a fully automated system to track processes. Its email capabilities are lacking and leave you at about 85-90% of what I'd want in a perfect tool.

Visually, it's incredibly appealing and provides a great first foray into project management and was perfect for my small team given its inexpensive price range.
December 19, 2019

Monday: A Marketer's Best Friend

We utilize Monday to plan upcoming marketing campaigns, delegate who will work on them, track their progress, and ensure we are not overlapping campaigns to the same audience. We also have a Monday Board to track our individual task lists outside of campaigns. After seeing how we utilized Monday in Marketing, our IT department also purchased their own subscription and uses it to organize and delegate their projects.
  • Organization: Everything we need to know (who's working on it, when it's due, who it's for, etc.) in one place.
  • Customization: You can customize your boards to display exactly the information you need for each project.
  • You cannot add only one user. If you have 5 and you hire one more person, you have to upgrade to 10 users.
  • It took me a long time to learn that I could easily share a read-only link with my management team, and even when I did learn about it, I have a hard time finding the link to share it again.
Now that I have used Monday to organize my Marketing Department, I can't imagine managing my team without it!
October 16, 2019

Gives you a great birds eye view of your projects

We use monday.com throughout our entire organization for project planning, tracking, budgeting. We have been able to provide management with a clear and precise view of the status of projects and there are any roadblocks preventing completion of the project. Collaboration between departments has increased and we have been able to serve our customers in a better manner.
  • Very to learn and use and requires very little time to onboard new employees.
  • Shows a clear status of projects.
  • Enables our company to track employees' performance.
  • Clean UI and not cluttered.
  • Great support.
  • Needs more automation tasks.
  • Better integration with SharePoint.
  • Wish it was cheaper.
Monday.com is great for small to mid-sized projects. It gives you a clear birds-eye view of the status of a project. For larger more complex projects monday.com needs some work. Especially if you have 20 or so teams working the same projects which require linking files and needing more automation capabilities for tasks.
January 18, 2020

Collaboration made simple

We used Monday.com to coordinate projects with various team members in the sales and marketing departments. It was a way to keep projects on track and so that everyone could easily see the status of each of the tasks as we were working to complete a project.
  • It is fairly customizable.
  • Simple to use.
  • Basic plan lacks sharing functionality.
  • Calendar features leave some to be desired.
Monday.com is good for sharing information and tasks across team members. It allows each member to update what work has been done on a project and what is still needing to be done. It alerts you if deadlines are in danger of being missed. So, all this to say that it's well suited for team project management. Unfortunately, on the basic tier, you can't share with guests, which is a bummer, as that's an easy way to provide clients visibility to progress.
January 02, 2020

Great tool for streamlining project

monday.com was used to streamline project advancement. It was mostly used by the project management office, as well as support department and lightly in sales. It is a great way to have a good visibility on who is doing what and when and where the project is at at any time.
  • Interface
  • Visibility
  • Ease of use
  • Security features
I think when you have some projects that involve a lot of people, it is really efficient and easy to see who has been doing what. Another situation is that, people now work remotely and all across the globe so it is very appropriate for such projects with non physical human interaction.
December 30, 2019

monday.com is about as exciting as a Monday

We used monday.com as a project management tool. It's a nice out of the box option, however, isn't very flexible with what our business needs were. I am very glad we had the option to preview it before moving forward on a purchase decision. It had some nice features, but nothing that other options didn't have.
  • Task management.
  • Collaboration options could be better.
Monday.com is a nice tool but didn't fit our task management business style. It seemed a little too simple, however, the app was pretty good and in some situations. I think this would be a useful project management tool.
October 10, 2019

Monday.com is simple and very easy to use as a task and project management tool

We use monday.com throughout our entire organization. We needed a project management tool that was not as robust as MS Project but more user-friendly than tracking tasks. Also, monday.com being web-based means all departments can access it throughout the world.
  • The user interface is simple to use and does not overwhelm the end users
  • Monday.com being web-based is a great advantage since there are no apps to load or maintain and is accessible throughout the world
  • All departs can collaborate more significantly then before and also task tracking is very simple
  • I wish it was cheaper so we could deploy it to more of our users.
  • The mobile app needs some work
  • More support for third part app and better API intergration
Monday.com is great at organizing all of your departments by tracking tasks and enabling better collaboration across different departments. The customization of Monday.com is a little limited compared to MS Project but the user interface very simple to learn and use.
Brian Goldrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2019

Love Monday.com!

Monday.com is being used by my department in order to track our progress of our month and quarter end schedules. It allows us to collaborate together and send messages when we are hung up on a step. MY staff are able to send messages to each other and when they check off a task it alerts the next person who needs that step completed before they are able to move on to their task.
  • Informs users when tasks are completed
  • Ease of use
  • Multiple people can edit the list at any time
  • Not much outside of tracking a checklist
  • Limited number of people who can have access to your board (unless you upgrade)
  • Doesn't track the time spent on each task (unless you upgrade)
I enjoy the ease of use of the system from logging in to inputting your information. The ability to be able to tag an employee if they are waiting on a task to be completed is a nice function. Previously we were tracking this in excel and only one person could be in the checklist at a time without causing errors. With Monday.com, multiple users can be in the checklist at any given time with no issues.
Read Brian Goldrick's full review
Nichole Pelaez | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 24, 2019

Easy and fun task management platform

monday.com is being used company-wide for all departments. The biggest problem it addresses is it's an easy way for teams to manage their individual work load and see progress on all projects. monday.com has the easiest interface to understand, and is extremely easy to use and knock out tasks.
  • Easily move columns and rows to customize your view.
  • Easily update progress status with the click of a button, and assign a task owner.
  • The bright color coding makes it easy to visually organize information and track progress at a glance.
  • There should be more plan diversity, and options for smaller businesses
  • There are tons of ads asking to constantly upgrade our current plan
monday.com is well suited for any person or organization that needs to quickly and easily manage tasks, projects, and work with a team. Deadlines and priorities can easily be set and followed, and you will be much more efficient with a management tool like monday.com. This platform can provide one place for all of your notes, and attachments related to any task or project that the team can view and comment on. The absolute best thing about monday.com is you only need to enter your data once and it automatically allows you to see different views based on your need. Anyone who needs a diverse way of looking at information would love this platform, whether its calendar view, a timeline view, or task view, or kanban this platforms gives you all of the options you need.
Read Nichole Pelaez's full review
Karen Mulford | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 24, 2019

I am obsessed with monday.com

I work for a locally based Property Management company. We rent homes, as well as renovate, repair, collect rent, etc. It's helped us get more organized and track data across all of these departments - Applications Processing, Leasing, Repairs, and Collections. We have boards that track each call that comes in, all of our rental homes, every rental application we receive, and all of our past due accounts. One of the best ways Monday has helped us is with the texting and email functionality. We can send information via text or email to our prospects, our residents, and also our investors - all with the click of a button.
  • Customer service is amazing - I always receive a detailed reply so quickly.
  • They listen to their users! They are always adding new features based on what their customers ask for!
  • The automation and integrations are really what make our boards pop.
  • It's visually pleasing! We love the colors and the user-friendly functions.
  • This may already exist - but I would love a video that tells us about all the latest features.
  • I would recommend a cheaper plan for single-person use (or perhaps for a family?) I could see a teacher using this for their classroom planning.
  • A group for similar companies to connect with each other and share their use-cases would be awesome! I haven't seen any other property mgmt companies on here, but I would love to chat with any that might also be using Monday.
  • The ability to upload an excel spreadsheet *after* you've made the board and set up the automation & integrations. This would be a great time-saver for us.
Our company used to spend countless hours sending Investor Updates to all of our investors who were not paid in full for the month. We have found a way to upload an excel spreadsheet with all of the necessary info, and used an email integration so that we can type a quick update (with the perfect template already in place) and send the email. It has greatly increased the speed at which we send these updates. What used to take us a week now takes one day.
Read Karen Mulford's full review
Akos Krommer, CISA, ACDA | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 24, 2019

Superb tool for project management

We use Monday.com com throughout the whole company for project management, for time logging purposes, and project progress and issue tracking. Since we use this tool. we feel that the project are much more under control, and there are much less missing deadlines, unresolved issues, and better client feedbacks. Logging our time is even easier than before and the team and project manager understands who is doing what and when.
  • Great way to manage projects effectively
  • Good marketing automation system, that lets you manage the landing pages and the web forms
  • Amazing technical support
  • It is difficult to track expenses, resources and nominations
  • Document mapping could be better
  • Some visualization could be better (e.g: kan ban).
Monday.com proved to be a great tool for our organization. Our business is pleased with the user experience which is something that the tool does really well. We are absolutely satisfied with the tool and consider it as an excellent investment. We can only recommend it for the development of large-scale projects. This tool is also ideal for companies and organizations where people work remotely. One field where it does not fit well is the mobile part. If you are on the way frequently, the mobile app is not well implemented, especially it has not been done well for collaboration.
Read Akos Krommer, CISA, ACDA's full review
Toby Mei | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 23, 2019

A great task management tool

The marketing department uses Monday.com to manage the projects that we do on a daily basis. We have a lot of different projects involving different team (Design, web development, data analytics and etc.) and Monday.com helped us to stay organized and up to date. There are also daily tasks that are on personal lists where we have kept tracking our own to-dos.
  • Easy navigation and project creation.
  • A great timeline function to track progress and stay on top of the deadline.
  • It would be great to be able to create sub-tasks under the main project and track progress.
  • Improve the collaboration functions among people doing the same project.
  • We would benefit from a team calendar.
Monday.com is suitable for teams that do relatively simple tasks and projects, and it's a great tool to manage personal to-dos.
Read Toby Mei's full review
Adam Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 21, 2019

Manage your Tasks Simply and Effectively

Our entire organization is using Monday.com. We use it to organize and collaborate on tasks for projects. Monday.com helps keep our staff accountable on tasks and helps identify bottlenecks on projects. It has improved our productivity and workflow. The software also provides visuals to see the status of tasks and every team member's responsibilities for a project.
  • The visual task board is simple to use and very easy to understand.
  • It's very easy to invite internal and external people to collaborate on projects.
  • It provides a great timeline tool which alerts members on when tasks are due.
  • There are a lot of new features being rolled out; it's hard to keep up with the new features.
  • The scheduling tool could offer more; it's not really set up to handle scheduling activities for a very large organization.
  • The lingo and language Monday.com uses takes a while to learn and grasp.
Monday.com is great for helping small teams collaborate on projects. It helps keep our teams organized and on track to meet deadlines for projects. We also appreciate the integration with Slack. Expect a little bit of a learning curve and some time to get certain automation features set up. This is, however, definitely software that you want to spend some time learning because the more your teams know, the more your teams will get out of Monday.com.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Sierra Schubach | TrustRadius Reviewer

Gets the job done!

We use monday.com in our marketing department to manage projects as a team and individually. It helps us track our tasks and ideas all in one place. We can see what the entire team is doing and how long projects/task take. We use the tagging system to track the types of tasks and the groups and boards to share information with one another.
  • Groups within boards help to organize different tasks in one board.
  • Color coding for easy to find items.
  • Automations to help the board function without manual processes.
  • You only have a certain number of automations available.
  • The boards and groups could use some improvement.
  • The tagging system needs unlimited.
We jumped on the monday.com ship because it functioned really well in the beginning and still functions for what we need today. However, I don't see it growing with us, and that is a problem because we will lose all the tasks that we have currently running in the system.
Read Sierra Schubach's full review
Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Great lightweight project management tool

We use Monday.com with our marketing team to manage our team projects, tasks, campaigns, operations, time tracking, etc. It helps us stay on top of it all with automated reminders, dashboards, and task lists. We can assign tasks to certain team members as well as assign them to project tags.
  • Task management - Creating tasks is really easy, and you can upload CSV lists as well.
  • Task assignment - I love that you can assign one task to multiple people.
  • Grouping - Within one project board, you can segment your tasks out into relevant groups to stay organized.
  • Automations. The range of automation available is fantastic, and they are super easy to set up.
  • Integrations - They offer a lot of integrations, but none of them are useful for our team. We need one for Smartsheet or Salesforce, and these are not available.
  • Notifications - There is not enough customization available for notifications. I wish I could set my notification preferences by the board, instead of a global setting.
  • Support - I have never received responses to my support questions.
For us, it does the job well. But we only need a lightweight project management tool. If you need something more robust, this may not be suited for you.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
Alexa Fuhrman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Monday.com Review!!

At my company, we use Monday.com in our Marketing and Business Development departments. We use it as a communication page for tasks needing to get done and dates that they need to get done by. It is nice to have a clear list of what you need to do by the end of the week. It is very customizable so you are able to prioritize items in order of importance to the individual user! The problems that this addresses for our company are making sure nothing goes by the wayside, allowing people in our company from all over the US to communicate on one platform and easily get things done!
  • Customization is key in this software. You can create drop-down menus to put your tasks in. Mine is titled this week, next week, asap, etc... to make it easy for me to move things around and nothing gets left to be forgotten!
  • Monday allows my team to set goals and take a HUGE amount of data tasking and sum it up into tasks for different individuals to disperse the workload. There are clear guidelines and it's easy to follow.
  • In my experience, I have not had much trouble in difficulty with this software. I can easily use it and there don't seem to be any bugs that I've found.
Monday.com would be more suited for users with a huge amount of tasks ranging in difficulty and time frames that they need to be done by. It might be less suited for someone who is doing the same job day-to-day. The purpose of this is to help you organize the items that you need to get done and share the team workload but also being able to see your co-workers tasks and workload as well.
Read Alexa Fuhrman's full review

Task Management (77)
9.2
Resource Management (65)
Gantt Charts (41)
Scheduling (69)
Workflow Automation (58)
Team Collaboration (77)
Support for Agile Methodology (51)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (1)
Document Management (68)
Email integration (59)
Mobile Access (63)
Timesheet Tracking (38)
Change request and Case Management (46)
Quotes/estimates (31)
Project & financial reporting (1)

About monday.com

Monday is an award-winning project management tool that aims to help teams work more efficiently to execute projects that deliver results on time. According to the vendor, its ease of use and flexibility means faster setup for teams and the ability to manage various workflows.

Monday includes productivity features such as customizable workflows, time tracking, automated notifications, dependencies, integrations, and timeline views to help teams achieve the result they want for every project milestone. The tool is highly customizable and works for any workflow and any team size.

With Monday, companies you can plan, execute and track work in one visual, collaborative space.

monday.com Features

Does not have featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Has featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software
Has featureSearch Everything