Reviews (1-25 of 448)
- Customisation and integration
- Team communication
- Workflow organisation
- Subtask functionality
- Working across teams in different companies - inviting clients to use boards etc.
- Better gmail integration that would help filter spam out
- Simpler way of adding subtasks function - very hard to find
- Better way of moving tasks between boards
- Moving subtasks between tasks
- monday.com really does a great job of centralizing all of the task and projects for the entire organization.
- monday.com is always developing new ways to be used and adding additional features and integration.
- monday.com is a great tool to manage the timing, status and work load of an individual.
- The Microsoft Teams integration could be a deeper integration and eliminate having to go into monday.com for reports and analytics.
- The copy and paste feature could be improved by allowing the copy/paste to include only the data needed by the user.
- monday.com could be greatly improved if each task within a page could be set up as recurring without the need to design the whole board to be recurring.
- monday.com integrations are absolutely fantastic! Lots to choose from, and I especially love the ability to now also have a form format (as well as integrate with JotForm), because it makes information capture quick and easy.
- The automations on monday.com are so helpful. They keep board members accountable, but also make sure that things are not missed or forgotten.
- There are so many columns to choose from to make it easy to adapt a board to really suit your needs. I also really enjoy the "last updated" column which provides visibility of who's been interacting with tasks.
- Archiving boards means that they archive for everyone, which can be a little frustrating if you have far too many boards and want to clear out your folders, but you don't want them to be removed for anyone else.
- The inbox really doesn't work well. There is no way to select all and perform an operation with multiple inbox items - and if you have hundreds of boards, then it can mean thousands of updates over the years! I don't use the inbox at all for this reason.
- The My Week function behaves similarly to the Inbox, so if it's flooded, it's impossible to use.
- The visual layouts give a very nice clean presentation of everything going on.
- The integration with cloud storage programs is very helpful when working with a lot of digital files.
- The ability to do time tracking per project or test is very helpful for financing and billing.
- The nearly unlimited customization of the program is fantastic for creating boards to exactly what suits each need.
- Automations, an extremely powerful tool and easy-to-use.
- Missing the functionality to add link files directly to cloud service programs (Box, Dropbox, etc.) in the app as they are currently only available on the web version of monday.com.
- Would love to just be able to add files/images by dragging and dropping on "Write a reply" area, without first having to click in the write a reply bubble.
- Maybe an option to sort by 'Most Recent' date in message boards, or operate more like email thread do where the newest message is always posted at the top.
- They offer a large variety of board templates, but allow you to really customize your boards to be exactly what you need or want.
- vLookup integration is by far the most incredible thing we use right now.
- Dummy proof automation development.
- API Integrations the developer playground are user friendly and easy to navigate.
- Filters and workspace organization.
- I would love to see some additional custom automations built out- one specific automation that comes to mind is the ability to create automations based on week or day of the week. For example "Every Friday is status is ___ move item to board/group."
- It would be very helpful if we could utilize data calculated in formula columns. For Example, if we have a formula column created to show how many days an employee has requested off for vacation, it would be very helpful if we could take the number calculated and subtract it from the employees "Remaining available PTO days" column.
- This is a personal preference one that I'm not sure would benefit everyone, but having the ability to lock users from editing or deleting information from columns, while still allowing them the ability to highlight and copy the data would be extremely beneficial to us.
- To do lists: These help organize the day and assign tasks fluidly so everyone can see what needs to get done easily.
- Data: By setting up comprehensive boards, you can pull data easily and see where issues lie and where you are succeeding. It has also been helpful for determining Customer issues, like the Customer says you always do this but you can pull the info to see that is not the case and can offer data to back you up so the exchange is about resolution and not emotion.
- Alerts: With automations, you can kick back and do your work and get alerted when you need to take action.
- Automations: We are constantly having to reach out for help with automations. A lot of them cause us issues and we have even been the inspiration for changes/updates to existing ones.
- Customer service to help at your fingertips has been the most valuable of all, always there if I have a question or need help in designing a board to fit my needs.
- The ability to create a board by importing an Excel sheet is priceless!
- The interface is easy to learn and can be as simple as you want and still have the ability to be more complex if you need it.
- I wish that the font could be darker without using a filter on Chrome.
- I wish I could alphabetize the boards inside of the workspace.
It has helped the department get organized, keep track of big/small projects, and holding employees accountable.
We started using it 5 years ago as a project management tool, and bit by bit it has grown to use throughout the entire organization. As a strategic initiatives group, we listen to other units and their operational challenges. So often, a Monday.com board is an efficient and user friendly solution for their problem. Its quick to deploy and looks great. The sharp, colorful look cannot be overestimated.
It solves integration problems for data, repetitive tasks, notifications, collaboration, change management, and countless administrative challenges in a clinical research enterprise.
- Service requestmanagement.
- Project portfolio management.
- Research subject visit management.
- Simple volume dashboards.
- The new navigation system for workspaces is challenging. More clicking than I'd like.
- The date field doesn't allow manual entry but instead you need to click through to each year/month. This is burdensome for any dates not in the current year.
- Formula formatting is difficult... getting the right date format with a calculated field takes more formula layers than I'd expect. We all come from the Excel world so matching that a bit more would be great.
- The support process for problems can be tedious with lots of back and forth.
For organizations dealing with service requests/ticketing systems, the Monday/Jotform integration is fantastic. Quick deployment of forms with structured data intake and then automations.
Challenges with PHI/HIPAA across API/integrations, as those integrations are not under BAA.
When I first was looking for a project management tool 5 years ago, I experimented with many different products and this one originally stood out for the lightweight and friend feel (DaPulse back then). It has kept that unintimidating feel while becoming super powerful.
- It allows complete customization throughout a task's process, so we know the exact status at all times and can see notes and updates in real time, and can post links or attachments for even more clarity.
- We can set up automations so that when a task meets a specified milestone, it can automatically alert the next person/team to get working on their part. In the meantime, a project manager always knows what's going on.
- Integration with other workspace tools like Slack and Trello is helpful.
- Monday uses colors that help to organize and sort.
- You can adjust views so that you look at one specific attribute if you want.
- Download boards to excel and share boards with others.
- It would be nice to have different packages for automations. The automations packages jump from 250 to 25,000 and there's nothing in the middle. That's strange.
- When I upgrade my subscription, it would be nice if I could use some automations or something to update with the new features rather than do everything manually.
- Very Flexible - track, manage, gather and report on all types of data and include automations and integrations to improve workflows.
- Great Mobile & Web experiences - Intuitive UI on both web and mobile, and easy to manage notifications.
- Great for both managers and doers - Monday balances ease of use with good reporting better than most tools I've used; which tend to focus on reporting for managers/administration and less on ease of use for those who's time is being managed.
- Lacking robust API - An API with more granular permissions would improve stickiness for teams looking to improve their project development lifecycles.
- Steep learning Curve - With great flexibility comes great configuration. Once it's up and running it's magical and worth it, but it takes time and patience to get there.
As mentioned earlier one of Monday's greatest strengths is its balance between ease of use and useful reporting. Oher tools overprioritize one or the other making them a poor fit for either management or creators.
The drop down options do make it easier to standardize data across multiple users.
- Project management: I haven't found any project management software that can handle the complexity of the projects that I am able to run with monday.com
- Team management: I can build boards to manage teams locally and remotely with ease, check task and project statuses without bugging them for updates (they love this part), and help manage timelines without manual updates
- Task management: Recurring tasks, submitted requests, team updates - it's all possible with the amazing features and automations available on monday.com
- Linking items across boards!!! This is the ABSOLUTE winner for me. I live and breathe by linking these boards; they let me create summaries and overviews for different stakeholders, and I don't pull my hair out in the process.
- Subitems: The recent addition of subitems has taken our ability to manage details to a new level. It's great to specify more details that I need to have acknowledged and completed while keeping groups of items streamlined and uncomplicated
- Mobile: I love the mobile interface for my team but I wish I could archive and delete items as easily on the mobile app as I can on the desktop version.
- Users accounts: With the way we manage our teams it would be nice to have more flexibility with the number of users we add, rather than being limited to chunks of 5 at a time, etc.
specially for a Procurement department that receives hundreds of requisitions
and user needs each week. Tasks prioritization, time management and effective
team communication are a must to keep those KPI´s on the green, happy side.
Monday.com has been a key player to achieve it.
- Friendly user interface with many preloaded board templates to suit different needs for different areas within an organization.
- Easy to automate repetitive actions form your business processes to make your day even simpler.
- Monday´s Tech - support team responds quickly to help you in any query or issue.
- The basic subscription is for a minimum of 3 users. This is not attractive for students or independent proffesionals where paying for a 3 user license makes no sense.
- It's a 100% customizable, I can create and connect several boards to easily obtain the right info.
- I believe it's got a great filtering option, it even saves the filters you've used to create specific views of specific items in a board.
- I love the way you can create workspaces, folders and save your boards as if it all lived in a computer HDD.
- In my case I love the FORMULA column, since it is applied evenly throughout the whole column, nevertheless, if you would want to have a slight difference in one line's formula, you have to create another column with this second formula.
- I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but sometimes when I have a number column that sums up all the values of the column in a group, if I create another group, the result of the group adds also the total of the group above and I cannot copy the result, since it displays the sum of both groups.
- On this case, I've used the CONNECTION column, but whenever a group is moved from one board to another, it loses its connection. It'd be nice to keep them wherever it goes to...
Even if you have many processes that run across many different areas, this is the tool to have them all collaborate together and to avoid "loosing" an email.
In our case, we use Monday to manage our translation projects from the first quotation all the way down to our customers payment and the settlement to our suppliers. I've even created a board to recreate and have a more detailed company bank statement, since sometimes, when our accountant is calculating the taxes for the end of the month based on the PDF that the bank issues, not all transactions have enough detail to link it to a specific invoice or project.
I have all type of external collaborators of many age groups, and fortunately all of them end up learning how to use it in an intuitive way. I just give them a brief introduction to the tool, and once they get the hang of it, they end up filling big boards of info and sometimes give me suggestions to personalize their boards with additional columns or formulas.
Some members of the team uses [monday.com] as personal agenda to help organize the day and week.
- Centralized location for project planning and approvals
- Training platforms and offerings from monday.com are extremely helpful for growth and better use
- My biggest struggle with monday.com is getting the entire team on board. Unfortunately several features require a whole team use them in order to be accurate. I would like some suggestions on how to motivate the ones that are not adaptable to change to be just as enthusiastic as the rest.
monday.com Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is monday.com?
monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that users can create the tools they need to run every aspect of their work. The visual interface includes building blocks like Apps and integrations, allowing teams to build or customize their work solutions.
Whether users need to streamline a sales pipeline, create a marketing campaign process, run a robust CRM, or build a project management tracker – monday.com aims to provide a collaborative space for teams to stay aligned, agile and efficient, in everything they do.
monday.com offers a 14-day free trial, no credit card required.
monday.com Videos (3)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Yearly plan: Save 18% Monthly plan also available
monday.com Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
monday.com Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
monday.com Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Dutch, Turkish|