Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
- Being a marketing department of one (for now), monday.com has literally reduced my stress and dread when I finally found the right way to use it for my daily to-do list. It's become my most valuable personal-management tool.
- We have successfully implemented over 10 outside vendor programs all went without a hitch as we had monday.com to keep us on track. We have been able to increase our content program by being able to hire more since the process is now set and easy to follow.
- Since we use monday.com - now - for marketing only, there isn't an ROI. However, there is a significant increase in productivity. Since this is a productivity tool, mission accomplished!
monday.com is being used as both individual work management as well as project management with external vendors. monday.com allows for direct, in-app communication to track our marketing activities throughout the company so we have one source for all to follow.
- Even at its basic, monday.com's organization/"hierarchy" is very easy to navigate (love the sub-items, thank you!), so the novice to this type of software as I am can easily get started.
- The ongoing additions to already great starter functionality for the columns (automations, dependencies, combinations, scheduling, etc.) make it fun to figure out what works best for your particular work style and information needs.
- I find the application interface easy to use, and very functional. I literally spend all day using it as I have started using it for other non-project management uses to increase my own productivity.
- I have not delved into the myriad of fun and functional aspects of monday.com yet, so from my limited experience my cons are minimal and functional, like I can't customize separate Items sections with different columns if they are within one group. It's one format within the entire group.
It's easy enough for a novice to create on their own. The navigation, help and templates all are easy to find and use, so it makes it FUN to start discovering the additional functionality as you learn what you need to add/delete along the way. monday.com has become a critical business tool to help me succeed with my business goals.
Attitude toward customer service reflects their brand (in my opinion, I'm a marketer) - they approach support positive, bright and optimistic, even in their automated support. I have had every inquiry resolved in a timely and VERY satisfactory manner.
Well, it's only my department project management software and my professional/job management tool at the moment. I'm sure I'll expand the functionality, but for these two areas, monday.com has significantly increased productivity while lessening the stress our previous project management process caused.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
Would you buy monday.com again?
I use monday.com for:
- Project management - internally to get my teams on the same page, the UI let's us separate the programs and gives visibility to all programs and statuses for the entire team.
- Project management - externally to have one source for vendor content, communication and project management, being able to set up by vendor and invite them keeps the control of project management in-house.
- My personal "to-do" list - it took me six months to figure out a way I can use monday.com as my daily to-do list, and since implementing I have been on top of every program (I'm a one-person marketing team).