A SEO Staple
Updated May 29, 2014
A SEO Staple
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Moz
We use Moz for research and analysis of our main business websites. The SEO mainly uses it. Moz Analytics allows us to track SERP positions for a highly targeted set of keywords. We use the suite of Moz tools and analytics helps us to build a fuller picture of the current organic landscape of search and how sites fit into that picture. The data is reliable so we're able to make more actionable conclusions from reports on real results. The Moz community and blogs is a great way to stay in conversation with other SEOS and keep abreast on current industry trends and updates.
- Moz Community Q&A. It's has the trust and quality that other online forums just do not have. People ask real questions and it's easy to get answers and discussions going. Because Moz moderates the discussions, there's an governance that helps to ensure that the information shared is indeed accurate, safe, and correct.
- Moz's Open Site Explorer is still one of my favorite tried and true ways to research a site's backlink profile. Intuitive filter options allow me to sift through 1000s of link data with ease, spending less time data collecting and more time analyzing.
- I like the On-Page grader. I use it as a go-to to review keyword optimization for Bing. It helps me evaluate keyword optimization for a given page. It's a nice to know rather than an KPI for Google optimization. However for people (smart SEOs) who optimize for both Bing and Google, it's a useful in helping identifying issues that occur on Bing and that may or may not on Google.
- White Board Fridays. Blogs are great, but having someone casually present topics helps in the learning. And of course, as a SEO, I always appreciate varied and engaging content.
- The number of campaigns (tracked sites) you're allowed to create in Moz Analytics is rather low
- Be nice to have a larger limit on the number keywords one is able to track
- Better identification on keyword opportunities
- Better understanding of the Search world and our industry vertical and sites fits within it
- Time efficiency. Less time required to pull and run reports and more on the understanding of the data
We chose Moz because it's credibility and trust from the industry, ease of use and intuitive integration of Moz products.
it's affordable, it's easy to use, and offers usable information that brings us closer to actionable results
it's easy to use once you get the hang of it and most people with any sort of background in using online tools and analytics systems can figure it out. it's just not as intuitive as it could be like google webmaster tools or Adobe (Site Catalyst)
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- weekly tracking of specific keyword performance and easy export of reports
- pen site explorer for back link profile
- community forums to discuss learnings, theories, and observations with fellow SEOs and Moz moderators