Overall Satisfaction with NetDocuments
NetDocuments is used across the entire organization. We store all documents in NetDocuments. NetDocuments provides a broad and deep feature set by which we are able to secure, share, search, and retrieve documents properly.
- The search feature is fantastic. It not only full text, but probabilistic search capabilities.
- It's reliable. Much more reliable than anything we could implement in-house.
- The UI is great.
- They are steadily improving the product\service, outpacing the competition.
- There is always room for improvement with e-mail management.
- Their support is pretty good, but it takes a little time to escalate when necessary.
- They need to close the gap with some of the functions in Box and Dropbox when it comes to sharing content.
- NetDocuments has really saved us from hiring more people. The document management system is a core technology to any law firm. Our last DMS was an in-house system. It easily required the attention of half a FTE and offered a fraction of the functionality.
- NetDocuments has also been relatively easy for our employees to use. We have a high adoption rate and it allows for our employees (and third parties) to collaborate pretty well.
- NetDocuments offers any number of certifications -- e.g. ISO 27001, business associate agreements for HIPAA -- certifications that are required by some clients, that we could not possibly attain with an in-house system.
We switched to NetDocuments 11 years ago. So, to be fair and accurate... the OpenText product at that time was called PC Docs and the company (that OpenText acquired) was Hummingbird. I can't remember who owned iManage at the time. Anyway, NetDocuments was a superior product at the time, in general, and more specifically because the search and remote access features\functions were superior (and still are).
If you are small-to-midsized firm then NetDocuments is a no-brainer. There's just no way small-to-midsized firms will have the economies of scale to implement an in-house DMS that is appropriate for a law firm. NetDocuments meets any number of regulatory, client and liability carrier requirements applicable to law firms.