Reviews (1-7 of 7)
NetDocuments is being used across the entire organization. Using NetDocuments has helped us to free up space on network drives, as well as stop us from having to add so much more space to them. It is also much easier for people to access files than using network folders, so it has been very helpful thus far.
- Allows you to set document and folder restrictions.
- Makes files easier to save and access.
- Gives you the ability to send a link and/or an attachment.
- It has glitches where it freezes sometimes.
- Some documents can be difficult to locate.
- At times, it will say a document is opened or checked out, when it really isn't.
Well suited for companies looking to use cloud storage and get away for in office network drives, as well as companies looking to share documents with multiple users, no matter their location. Less appropriate for smaller companies that don't have large storage needs.
Read this authenticated review
I've never had to contact support, but I won't give it a ten. We've had a few hiccups along the way, but nothing that couldn't be fixed within 24 hours.
May 27, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
NetDocuments is our firm's sole document management solution. We store all our intellectual property that is in the form of documents into NetDocuments. We also archive email into the system. The product is used across the firm by all locations and all personnel to store, search, and retrieve documents. It is integrated with our other systems to automate processes that are document-related.
- Security: NetDocuments' cloud-based security is unsurpassed, an essential feature for PHI, PII and other confidential information.
- Searching: NetDocuments has highly developed search tools which make locating specific documents among millions of files simple.
- Responsiveness: NetDocuments is continually searching for ways to improve their product and pays close attention to customer feedback
- Being cloud-based, a single version for all users is a big strength. Problems are identified and addressed more quickly.
- Cloud-based applications can almost always benefit from speed improvements. NetDocuments is not slow, but any gains in this area are pluses.
- As NetDocuments grows rapidly, it needs to keep its close customer relationships as much as possible.
- As NetDocuments diversifies, it needs to make sure that add-ons to its core document management base are stable and reliable.
- NetDocuments needs to be fully HTML5 compliant.
Read this authenticated review
NetDocuments is well suited to any environment that needs to securely store, search, and retrieve large numbers of documents. It's also suited to a company that needs advanced document management features, including versioning, document previews, sophisticated permissions, document retention processes, foldering, and integration into other common office products such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
December 31, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
NetDocuments is used across the entire organization. We store all documents in NetDocuments. NetDocuments provides a broad and deep feature set by which we are able to secure, share, search, and retrieve documents properly.
- The search feature is fantastic. It not only full text, but probabilistic search capabilities.
- It's reliable. Much more reliable than anything we could implement in-house.
- The UI is great.
- They are steadily improving the product\service, outpacing the competition.
- There is always room for improvement with e-mail management.
- Their support is pretty good, but it takes a little time to escalate when necessary.
- They need to close the gap with some of the functions in Box and Dropbox when it comes to sharing content.
Read Mark Manoukian's full review
If you are small-to-midsized firm then NetDocuments is a no-brainer. There's just no way small-to-midsized firms will have the economies of scale to implement an in-house DMS that is appropriate for a law firm. NetDocuments meets any number of regulatory, client and liability carrier requirements applicable to law firms.
April 17, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use NetDocuments to create a secure repository for our documents and to demo the product in use for potential clients. It is ideal for a multiple site environment with the need to collaborate securely with common document sets. It puts all types of documents in one place including all office generated documents, PDFs, pictures; even email is handled as just another document type. So no need to have a separate tool for managing email archives.
- Providing limited access to specific documents to strategic partners outside your organization while maintaining security for the rest of your repository.
- Providing granular security to maintain ethical firewalls in situations where your organization represents competing interests
- Customer support is really good. All phone representatives are expert in the product and can provide real solutions without resorting to scripted responses. In addition, there is a vast consultant community with in-depth knowledge in a wide range of industries and markets.
- Transparency is a key ethos with NetDocuments, when they have a problem they are clear about what, where and why; and when it will be solved.
- Browser support needs improvement, there are too many ways your browser settings can create problems. While they provide good support for these potential difficulties, they need a better plug and play solution.
- Some pre-programmed out of the box workspace and profiles that can be deployed as a starting point to jump-start the rollout process for smaller organizations.
Read Rick Hahn's full review
It is ideal where security is your number one concern or where there is a need to share securely across different physical locations. Speed is less than ideal in certain usage scenarios. It is limited by the speed of the internet and it can be difficult to pull large quantities of documents when researching or answering discovery requests, although, that being said, it can be addressed by maintaining your own secure server to contain a mirror of your online documents. But then the security for a mirror falls back on the organization.
NetDocuments is used across the organization by all legal practices and administrative groups. The system centralizes document storage, providing a searchable platform across the enterprise. It also serves as a repository for archived email messages offloaded from Outlook servers.
- Searching: NetDocuments' searching capabilities put it on par with other legal search engines used for research and knowledge management purposes.
- Scalability: Despite the ever-increasing number of items stored in the repository, time searching is unaffected.
- Innovation: NetDocuments continuously looks for new solutions and updates their product regularly.
- Ease of Update: Because it is Web-based, updates to the software do not require local installation.
- Over-innovation: "New" isn't always "better." New features require business analysis to determine whether they actually benefit the organization.
- Quality Control: Updating code requires not only testing the new code, but regression testing the old code. Sometimes "enhancements" cause old problems with the old code. Once users get used to the way software works, it has to keep working. They may not care for something new, especially if it causes something old to stop working.
Read Sam Catanzaro's full review
NetDocuments positioned itself to work in the legal industry, and it has done a very good job. It's kept pace with the challenges presented by the law and it's grown in its offerings. Any organization that must balance mobility and security would benefit from the use of NetDocuments as a platform.
August 22, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
We use Netdocuments as a virtual filing cabinet. Almost of all of our attorneys, all of the legal assistants, paralegals, and some of the administration use Netdocuments for saving, organizing, and securing documents.
- File Organization. Netdocuments is a great tool to neatly organize your virtual files and separate them by workspaces (matters). Each workspace contains folders (document types) that can be customized according to users' needs and preference.
- Searching your data base. All the documents and emails saved in Netdocuments are searchable. The search feature works great.
- Cloud based document management system. Simply put, Netdocuments can be accessed from ANY web-enabled device. This is becoming more and more important in the age of satellite offices, working on-the-go, and telecommuting.
- Disaster preparedness. Should something happen to your office, your documents are safe, secure and accessible.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Applications. Netdocuments provides users with Microsoft applications integrations that can be easily installed on each individual machine.
- Support. There is an extensive on-line help library which provides incredibly helpful articles with step-by-step instructions. If you cannot find solution on-line, telephone support is staffed by courteous and knowledgeable people.
- Security. This is especially important for a law firm. A designated administrator can put in force workspace, folder, document, or profile-based security.
- Delay. At times, there is a delay between saving a document into Netdocuments and actually seeing them in the appropriate workspace. Such a delay is caused by the system indexing the newly added file.
- Netdocuments' servers slow down at times causing users to receive error messages. This can be quickly remedied, but can become a nuisance.
Read Aleksandra Kagan-Alameda's full review
Netdocuments works great in a law firm environment. Such features as ability to secure some documents and not others, quick and seamless integration with Microsoft Applications, and organization of the virtual files, make Netdocuments a great addition to any law firm looking to plant their feet firmly in 21st century.
Netdocuments would be useful for any company that needs to organize their virtual files, minimize paper, ensure its disaster preparedness, and enable their employees to work while outside of the office, would find Netdocuments to be a great solution.
December 27, 2017
NetDocuments is being used by the entire organization as a document management system and customer portal. NetDocuments keeps documents organized, provides access from anywhere and address all versioning issues.
- Manages documets
- Email capture and management
- Better integration with PDF, the ability to tag several at once and merge from within ND.
- OCR documents without third party app
- Better integration with O365 Web Apps like Word and Excel.
Read this authenticated review
Netdocuments is fantastic if the firm takes the time to actually invest in training. It's easy to use, but to really take advantage of all its features full commitment to training is a must.
NetDocuments Scorecard Summary
What is NetDocuments?
NetDocuments is a document management solution from the company of the same name in Lehi, Utah.
Categories: Document Management
NetDocuments Technical Details