Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Allows you to set document and folder restrictions.
- Makes files easier to save and access.
- Gives you the ability to send a link and/or an attachment.
- It has glitches where it freezes sometimes.
- Some documents can be difficult to locate.
- At times, it will say a document is opened or checked out, when it really isn't.
- Security: NetDocuments' cloud-based security is unsurpassed, an essential feature for PHI, PII and other confidential information.
- Searching: NetDocuments has highly developed search tools which make locating specific documents among millions of files simple.
- Responsiveness: NetDocuments is continually searching for ways to improve their product and pays close attention to customer feedback
- Being cloud-based, a single version for all users is a big strength. Problems are identified and addressed more quickly.
- Cloud-based applications can almost always benefit from speed improvements. NetDocuments is not slow, but any gains in this area are pluses.
- As NetDocuments grows rapidly, it needs to keep its close customer relationships as much as possible.
- As NetDocuments diversifies, it needs to make sure that add-ons to its core document management base are stable and reliable.
- NetDocuments needs to be fully HTML5 compliant.
- The search feature is fantastic. It not only full text, but probabilistic search capabilities.
- It's reliable. Much more reliable than anything we could implement in-house.
- The UI is great.
- They are steadily improving the product\service, outpacing the competition.
- There is always room for improvement with e-mail management.
- Their support is pretty good, but it takes a little time to escalate when necessary.
- They need to close the gap with some of the functions in Box and Dropbox when it comes to sharing content.
- Providing limited access to specific documents to strategic partners outside your organization while maintaining security for the rest of your repository.
- Providing granular security to maintain ethical firewalls in situations where your organization represents competing interests
- Customer support is really good. All phone representatives are expert in the product and can provide real solutions without resorting to scripted responses. In addition, there is a vast consultant community with in-depth knowledge in a wide range of industries and markets.
- Transparency is a key ethos with NetDocuments, when they have a problem they are clear about what, where and why; and when it will be solved.
- Browser support needs improvement, there are too many ways your browser settings can create problems. While they provide good support for these potential difficulties, they need a better plug and play solution.
- Some pre-programmed out of the box workspace and profiles that can be deployed as a starting point to jump-start the rollout process for smaller organizations.
- Searching: NetDocuments' searching capabilities put it on par with other legal search engines used for research and knowledge management purposes.
- Scalability: Despite the ever-increasing number of items stored in the repository, time searching is unaffected.
- Innovation: NetDocuments continuously looks for new solutions and updates their product regularly.
- Ease of Update: Because it is Web-based, updates to the software do not require local installation.
- Over-innovation: "New" isn't always "better." New features require business analysis to determine whether they actually benefit the organization.
- Quality Control: Updating code requires not only testing the new code, but regression testing the old code. Sometimes "enhancements" cause old problems with the old code. Once users get used to the way software works, it has to keep working. They may not care for something new, especially if it causes something old to stop working.
- File Organization. Netdocuments is a great tool to neatly organize your virtual files and separate them by workspaces (matters). Each workspace contains folders (document types) that can be customized according to users' needs and preference.
- Searching your data base. All the documents and emails saved in Netdocuments are searchable. The search feature works great.
- Cloud based document management system. Simply put, Netdocuments can be accessed from ANY web-enabled device. This is becoming more and more important in the age of satellite offices, working on-the-go, and telecommuting.
- Disaster preparedness. Should something happen to your office, your documents are safe, secure and accessible.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Applications. Netdocuments provides users with Microsoft applications integrations that can be easily installed on each individual machine.
- Support. There is an extensive on-line help library which provides incredibly helpful articles with step-by-step instructions. If you cannot find solution on-line, telephone support is staffed by courteous and knowledgeable people.
- Security. This is especially important for a law firm. A designated administrator can put in force workspace, folder, document, or profile-based security.
- Delay. At times, there is a delay between saving a document into Netdocuments and actually seeing them in the appropriate workspace. Such a delay is caused by the system indexing the newly added file.
- Netdocuments' servers slow down at times causing users to receive error messages. This can be quickly remedied, but can become a nuisance.
Netdocuments works great in a law firm environment. Such features as ability to secure some documents and not others, quick and seamless integration with Microsoft Applications, and organization of the virtual files, make Netdocuments a great addition to any law firm looking to plant their feet firmly in 21st century.
Netdocuments would be useful for any company that needs to organize their virtual files, minimize paper, ensure its disaster preparedness, and enable their employees to work while outside of the office, would find Netdocuments to be a great solution.
- Manages documets
- Email capture and management
- Better integration with PDF, the ability to tag several at once and merge from within ND.
- OCR documents without third party app
- Better integration with O365 Web Apps like Word and Excel.
NetDocuments Scorecard Summary
NetDocuments Technical Details