Avoid if at all possible
April 15, 2022
Avoid if at all possible
Technician in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 11-50 employees
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Network Solutions
We have used Network Solutions to register and manage domains for our client websites. As applicable, we manage client zone files for DNS for the domains there to keep their various services running as well as provide security for email and any other services they use. We have also taken on some legacy client sites hosted with Network Solutions.
- Editing zone files can be easier than some DNS services.
- Transfers perform consistently.
- Uptime is good.
- Advertisements for more services throughout the use of their dashboard.
- Transfers have unnecessary extra delays built in.
- Security options are generally poor for a domain registrar.
- More expensive than most competition.
- Core transfer functions (e.g. unlocking) sometimes don't work.
- Support is very poor for an industry with generally poor support.
- Huge time sink for routine activities.
- Higher direct costs than competitors with similar or better features.
- Poor service leading to even more expense of time on the user's side.
Network Solutions is on the higher side if not the top of normal domain registration costs while being at or near the bottom in terms of features and general experience using their management console. If you want to pay more and be spammed with ads every time you log in, be my guest, but there are plenty of better options. There are tons of registrars out there, but this is one of the many that I would not consider using again. Unfortunately, we often still have to deal with them when a client has an existing domain registered through Network Solutions, so we still often have to suffer through their consistently awful transfer process.
Do you think Network Solutions delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Network Solutions's feature set?
Did Network Solutions live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Network Solutions go as expected?
Would you buy Network Solutions again?
My experience with using Network Solutions hasn't been great. At best, it has almost feature parity with its competitors at a higher price. But when you tack on all the minor annoyances of being given interstitial ads for their other products or discount offers when logging in or performing a transfer, the all too common bugs where a feature doesn't work, and in my experience support takes at least a half-hour to understand your problem before even attempting to fail at a resolution. It just isn't worth it in my opinion. Go with a service with better support, features, security, and lower price.