Overall Satisfaction with Notepad++
Notepad++ is used across the organization. It has been installed as the de facto editor in place of Microsoft Notepad. It has been installed as part of our standard server image and is installed on all laptops and servers across the organization. We use Notepad ++ as a much better version of notepad for editing all sorts of different types of files.
- Notepad ++ is excellent with XML.
- Notepad ++ is great with JSON.
- Notepad ++ is great for debugging web service payloads.
- Notepad++ could work better with XML out of the box, you need to install an add on.
- The upgrade nag is annoying, it would be nice if it went away after dismissing.
- Sometimes the plugins don't install properly.
- The ROI has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We have been able to reduce time and errors on a number of integrations that we causing issues.
Notepad ++ has been easier to use, configure and maintain the other offerings. We prefer the lightweight install and configuration to Office. This is especially helpful on servers where we do not want overhead on. The configuration and ease of use right out of the gate is why it was chosen over Sublime.
Notepad ++ excels at formatting and displaying text. This is especially helpful when debugging web service payloads. This allows us to quickly and easily see the issues in the payload no matter the format—XML or JSON. Notepad ++ also works well with non-standard character sets. We have a number of Chinese and Japanese character sets that we work with as well.