Overall Satisfaction with OneDrive
Onedrive is not used by my employer or even recommended by them. It is not being used by any department that I know about. I use it on my own to back up my work and share large files. I started using it even more after I got a promotional offer from Bing rewards to redeem my Bing rewards for 2 years of extended storage.
- Easy to use. There is not much to it.
- Camera backup for my phone.
- Web app for uploading is very good.
- Allows sharing public file links easily without requiring the viewer to have an account.
- More advanced options are hard to find. e.g. to change which files to keep locally and which files to keep only on cloud.
- Phone interface for browsing file could be redesigned.
I use Google Drive regularly as well. I get unlimited Google Drive space for my school use. So, my school related things are almost exclusively on Google Drive. I also use Google Docs and Slides on regular basis. I find them intuitive and easy to use , especially in collaborative scenario. I do not know how Onedrive word processor compares to Google Docs as I did not feel need to look for more options.
I like it a lot. Especially since I have a lot of storage space. I do not know how well it would compare to services like Google Docs (with collaborative editing etc.), but for backup purposes (which I use it for), it is intuitive, easy and reliable.
OneDrive Feature Ratings
Evaluating OneDrive and Competitors
- Product Usability
I would choose Onedrive again under same conditions. Due to Bing Rewards, I got a hefty storage for minimal charge. I would also be extremely inclined to continue my membership if the price remains reasonable enough. I have been very satisfied with the camera backup service.