A better way to login.
May 18, 2018
A better way to login.
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with OneLogin
OneLogin is used throughout the organization. It gives us access to the tools we need to access to in a secure and easy to use central hub. We are able to customize what items we see and login without the worry of remembering a password. It lowers the amount of password related emails to the HelpDesk team and allows them to better track who has access to what.
- Connects with a lot of different vendors, tools, and sites. It is also customizable to where you can add almost any site you are logging into. This makes it especially useful for team members who may use a tool that other team members within the company do not use.
- It works. I've used a few keychain apps that work for a little while, or never work, and this app works 99.99% of the time. Only on one experience have I experienced issue access sites and that was due to user error.
- It's easy to update passwords and usernames within the app. It allows password resets to be an easy process and lowers the time in updating items everywhere.
- Customizing what is shown in the Frequent section would be nice. It lists some things in the frequent section that I do not frequently use but cannot add the tools that would be better suited in the area.
- Customizing the Icons. A lot of companies use the same color schemes in their logos which causes you to click the wrong tool a lot of the time. This could also be resolved by allowing a user to move around the tools.
- There are 3 tabs, one for Frequently Used, one for personal, and one for the company. To me having 2 tabs, 1 for all apps, and 1 for favorites would be less clunky.
- Saves money for the company on HelpDesk tickets for login credentials. This means helpdesk team members can focus on more important issues.
- Helps determine which products are actually being used versus which ones could potentially be eliminated.
- Creates a login process that is simple and efficient. This helps users save time logging in which leads to more time to do more productive tasks.
OneLogin definitely has a range of people it could work for. Everything from individuals who just want a better login process. Small companies who are wanting a way to keep a better count of who has access to what, and large corporations that want to implement a login process that will reduce the number of helpdesk tickets due to forgotten passwords.