Gets the Job Donehttps://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsSilkRoad RecruitingUnspecified6.8431012014-09-09T23:17:55.596Z
Updated September 30, 2015
Gets the Job Done
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with OpenHire
OpenHire is used by our headquarters and has been rolled out in a few of our countries. It is primarily used by HR but touches every department. OpenHire is our first ATS system at Project Concern International. Originally, recruitment was very manual and all resumes went to a single email box. OpenHire was chosen to address our business problem of inefficient recruitment and to help us remain compliant with recruitment records.
- Integrates with our website. The careers portal can be customized to blend seamlessly to your website so candidates don't realize that they have left your site.
- Rates your resumes based on key words from the job description. While not always accurate, this feature really helps you prioritize resumes to review when there are hundreds of them.
- Integrates very well with Aurico background checks and Silkroad's RedCarpet. This is a great feature because you can initiate the background check directly from the candidate's profile without having to get any sensitive information from the candidate prior to hiring. The integration with RedCarpet is also great because all of the candidate's information as well as the offer info and job details are sent to the onboarding program. This allows for quick setup of the new employee and reduces the need for any manual processes.
- Reporting. While OpenHire has a number of standard reports, building a custom report is difficult.
- Support. Silkroad's support is severely lacking. They have grown too big too quickly and you often get support staff that don't know how to address your problem or they just stop working on it. You often have to follow up multiple times to get a problem resolved.
- There are some required fields in the job postings that are unclear but mandatory and some steps that are redundant. You definitely have to learn the quarks of the system.
- OpenHire has very positively impacted our organization. It has allowed us to streamline our process and keep record of all of our recruitment electronically instead of in paper.
- It has allowed us to have a consistent recruitment process in all of our countries
- It has greatly increased the efficiency of our recruitment team.
- Only negative is that our organization has an expectation for reports and we are not able to always give them what they would like out of the system.
- Adp Virtual Edge
We also evaluated ADP Virtual Edge. OpenHire looked much nicer, had better functionality and was $30k less. It was so much less that we were able to get Silkroad's RedCarpet system as well.
SilkRoad Recruiting Feature Ratings
The support for Silkroad is awful. I know they are working on it and it seems to be slightly better but it's still not great. I have had multiple cases I have never heard from them on, others I have had to follow-up multiple times and one that took a year.
Immediate help available
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Need to explain problems multiple times
No - We are a non-profit so we don't have the resources to pay for additional support