Great Functionality...at a pricehttps://www.trustradius.com/social-media-analyticsOracle Social CloudUnspecified7.6601012019-10-04T15:31:05.660Z
October 04, 2019
Great Functionality...at a price
Score 7 out of 101
- Oracle Social Marketing
- Oracle Social Engagement & Monitoring
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Social Cloud
Oracle SRM is being used by our Social Media Marketing team. They are using it to fine-tune how our brand is being publicized, and personalizing content based on target audiences. Although the marketing team is making full-use of Oracle SRM, there are many employees across our organization that also spend the time to interact with users on our social media outlets. This allows us to not only tweak our SRM to our social media analytics, but also from the feedback of our colleagues.
- Engagement Monitoring. Oracle SRM supports all of the mainstream social media platforms for engagement analytics.
- Cross-Platform Content Publishing. Creating and scheduling posts across multiple social media platforms is quick and easy.
- Support for Regional Languages. Not only does SRM support all of the international languages that come to mind, it also supports many regional languages like Bengali and Telugu. It becomes convenient to globalize our content that we put out there.
- Basic UI. User-interface is ok...It does the job, but I would like to see a refreshed version.
- Topic Explorer does not have Quick Search functionality.
- Oracle Service Cloud isn't possible to be integrated with Oracle SRM.
- Manage brand reputation
- Coordinate social media campaigns on a global scale
- Gather audience insights
- Address customer service and support issues
- Grow your audience
We have achieved all of the outcomes that we hoped to achieve when we decided to move over to Oracle Social Cloud: management of brand, coordination of social media campaigns globally, gathering of audience insights, addressing customer services/quickly clearing support issues, and the overall growth of our audience. Being able to see all of these analytical insights through a dashboard made it really easy to tweak and improve our weak points.
30 - There around 30 people who actually work with Oracle SRM. All of them are part of the Social Media Marketing team. As I mentioned previously, this number is increasing as many other employees are also engaging on our social media posts. From engineers to C-level directors, Oracle SRM is quickly getting picked up by more and more people in our organization.
We used Hootsuite Pro before we switched over to Oracle Social Cloud. Back in 2012, I would have said that Hootsuite was a solid competitor to Oracle Social Cloud. Unfortunately, the amount of feature updates that Hootsuite used to receive has significantly decreased. It is quite slow, and there are an abundance of bugs. There haven't been many notable new features added to Hootsuite recently, and the price has also increased. Granted that Oracle Social Cloud is more expensive, but it is a much more refined product compared to Hootsuite.
Oracle SRM is much more expensive than most of its competitors, making it only a possibility for Enterprise-level organizations. That said, Oracle SRM offers the most features compared to all other SRM products based on my own experience. For medium-sized companies and lower, I would probably go for a cheaper SRM like Hootsuite.