Enterprise ready rapid application development for web and mobile
Overall Satisfaction with OutSystems
- Deployment management – OutSystems has a built in robust, multi-environment deployment system that helps ensures the clean and error free deployment of applications through the development, testing and production product lifecycle
- Rapid application development – Through the low code, graphical development environment you can develop applications far quicker than with more traditional development environments
- Cross platform mobile development – OutSystems handle the development and building of mobile application for both iOS and Android in a simple streamlined way that removes 90% of the problems normally associated with multi platform development
- Price – The licensing model of OutSystems is very expensive and not suitable for small scale developments. This is offset by the time to develop and stability for larger scale developments
- Flexibility on PaaS version – The PaaS hosted version of OutSystems limits your flexibility to access the front end and backend database systems which can significantly restrict your options on high data volume developments or where anything requiring slightly out of the ordinary access is required
- Same price for PaaS and self-hosted system. Licensing model dictates that you pay the same price even when you host the system on your own hardware which effectively means you pay more to manage the infrastructure yourself
- Significantly reduced time to market for both Mobile and Web applications
- Ability to upskill developers far quicker than with most development environments
- Enterprise grade infrastructure and hosting out of the box
OutSystems is extremely well suited where you require a fast time to market combined with a robust deployment process. It also provides enterprise grade redundancy and vertical scalability with SLA’s approaching those available with any other tier 1 application.
OutSystems is not well suited for small scale or “cheap” application due to it’s high “per object” licensing costs and minimum license fees.