Overall Satisfaction with OutSystems
I am a consultant and have been used platform in three large companies and two small ones. Three of those industries are insurance companies and others are communication companies. We have helped to build main web portals with different kind of transactional modules to allow companies' clients to perform online procedures/transactions/processes by themselves. We have integrated with AD and web services (soap and rest). Development is fast if requirements are well defined but even when those are not, changes are faster than doing them using other programming languages or IDEs.
- Database integrations: These integrations allows users to speed up development processes by providing ready to use methods.
- Error handling: Error handling is excellent. It is showing errors in real time while you are programming. Syntax errors are avoided and changes in variable names, input parameters and other definitions are automatically performed on site where it is referenced.
- Fast deployment: Deployments between development and test, and test to production are fast and avoid many of the possible deployment errors caused by human intervention.
- OutsySystems needs to improve in web services. Support SOAP 1.2 and also do a better handling of date types when they are used as input parameters in web services.
- OutSystems needs to handle better integration with databases that do not have tables with a single field primary key defined. Some tables have a primary key composed of two or three fields and those are not well managed by OutSystems. I am specifically talking about the fact that in those cases inserts, updates and other database actions are not created.
- Content management. Nowadays there is no available and reliable content management to develop web sites with CMS capabilities.
- Fast form creations
- Integrations with SQL Databases
- SOAP and REST Services integrations
- Multiplatform Mobile Applications
- Development times are reduced almost 5 times.
- Allow us to create 3 new mobile applications from scratch fast and better that were not possible before using different multiplatform application generators.
- The applications can be easily maintain for different people reducing the knowledge transfer required in other programming languages
The OutSystems Platform allows for fast development, and has a set of out of the box features required for most of the web applications. A developer can focus more on business logic instead of building database connections, forms, UIs and other [things], because platform provides templates for most of those.
Do you think OutSystems delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OutSystems's feature set?
Did OutSystems live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OutSystems go as expected?
Would you buy OutSystems again?
OutSystems Feature Ratings
Excellent material full of hands on that improve the understanding of the platform.