Overall Satisfaction with PagerDuty
PagerDuty is used by our engineering department. We have users around the world, and our engineers are around the world also. Support for the users could be required at any time, and our engineers can be paged to provide support. Escalations may also be required that may be needed, and we use PagerDuty for that as well.
- As an admin, I am able to assign the person to be paged into a specific group within the department.
- The administration is simple; adding or removing a user doesn't take 15 minutes to set up.
- It's easy to tell what the issue is and the state of the issue with the incidents alerts and status tabs.
- I don't have any issues with setting up users on PagerDuty.
- I'm not a user, so I don't get assigned incidents within PagerDuty.
- A positive impact since it allows our users to provide support sooner
- I'm not sure what the ROI would be. I don't have access to the cost or how much we are charged.
PagerDuty was already in place when I got here, so I'm not sure what was being used prior or if there was even another product being evaluated.
I gave this rating because I have not had to use the PagerDuty Support. This, for me, is the best kind of support. As in, no support is needed.
Do you think PagerDuty delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PagerDuty's feature set?
Did PagerDuty live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of PagerDuty go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy PagerDuty again?
PagerDuty allows the person being paged to get a much clearer picture of what the problem is before answering the page. They can possibly have an answer or a fix for the problem they are being paged for. Someone else could also follow the progress of the incident without having to call.