June 26, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Paycor
Paycor is being used across the whole organization. This product addresses challenges related to employee timekeeping, payroll reporting, new hire procedures and benefit tracking. The product provides integrity in all aspects of payroll and H.R. functions by providing a comprehensive platform for reporting and maintaining accurate time keeping and employee files.
- Paycor provides comprehensive payroll reporting for deep dive analysis on all aspects of payroll. Paycor allows for standard reporting and is particularly adept as providing custom reporting to fit the needs of our operation.
- Paycor provided an accurate time keeping mechanism through Time on Demand. This gives the user an isolated platform for which to review and enter time, schedules, and other information for each employee without the need to log into a separate platform.
- Paycor's reporting system is efficient. Reports can be generated within seconds and saved for future use making it easy to access and revise as needed.
- The functionality of the time clock could be improved as there are times when adjustments to time are difficult, especially when adjusting from one day to the next in the event an employee "rolls" over past midnight.
- When using the dashboard in TOD and reviewing exceptions, it is difficult to maneuver from one day to the next with having to go back to dashboard. This functionality could be improved by allowing the user to simply select the next page which should show all exceptions.
- The Transfer at time of day, period block transfer, and reallocate hours functions are confusing. This could be tightened up a bit and allowing multiple revisions within the same selection would be helpful.
- Paycor has a positive impact on management's ability to more effectively use their time on other tasks rather than sift through manual time cards managers are able to quickly assess and revise any exceptions through a daily review of all time from the previous day.
- The employee portal provided empowers employees to manage their payroll functions which gives them the ability to control their financial reporting as well as frees up time for managers who would otherwise need to perform these functions for the employee (e.g., print previous paychecks, update personal information, distribute W-2)
- The pay period reporting functions provide stability in the pay process as managers are able to readily ascertain all exceptions and errors in payroll, which in turn saves time and money that may be spent on correcting errors through manual payroll checks required after discovering issues after payroll has run. Additionally, the reporting functions provides detailed analysis of labor costing which provided insight on how to maintain and/or reduce payroll costs.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - By using the Paycor TOD and On-boarding functions, our team has realized a significant decrease in time and materials needed to successfully report payroll (as opposed to manually entering each employee's time). In addition, the on-boarding process has streamlined the new hire process eliminating the need for paper copies and shifting a significant portion of the process to the employee thereby freeing up time for the hiring manager and H.R. department.
The product is user friendly for the most part and easy to learn with little training and some practice. The most significant factor in usability is the ability to access the platform through the web rather using a static software product. Managers are able to use in field or on the road allowing for more regular review and revision as well the ability to process payroll on demand.
Paycor stacks up well with ADP as both systems provide comprehensive reporting functions and accurate time keeping. ADP is a more robust system, which is often challenging to navigate. Paycor offers much of the same functionality and options but is more user-friendly in that is it easy to learn without having to navigate through functions we may not want or use. Paycor is leaps and bounds over PayChex. When I used PayChex it was not well developed and lacked many of the reporting and H.R. functions I needed.
Paycor is well suited for scenarios where there is a centralized location where employees can clock in and clock out using a physical time clock. It has been a challenge getting "off-site" functionality through punch by phone. Additionally, the geolocation function available for "off-site" punches is expensive and inquiries for this service have been met with confusion.