Overall Satisfaction with Paylocity
- All in one system - Payroll, HRIS, Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, Benefits, ReportWriter, Safety/OSHA, Timekeeping. You don't have multiple disjointed systems/modules. Everything is a seamless integration, whether you use their modules or not.
- Easily Integrates with other systems. You can swap out ATS or use theirs, easily integrates with other timekeeping systems, as well as other Learning Management Systems.
- Easy to use for HR and Employees
- Electronic Signatures for forms, handbooks, documents, etc
- PAYLOCITY CUSTOM FIELDS - You can easily utilize over 140 custom fields that are available (payroll/HR custom drop-downs, text fields, check box, date fields, and text fields). In addition to the ability to easily create a custom field without ever having to rely on Paylocity for setting it up; all custom fields can be reporting on.
- ReportWriter - dashboard is limited to headcount, employee status, would be nice if the functionality was expanded.
- Implementation - Unfortunately we ended up with an incompetent Rep who didn't understand our payroll or our codes. He was responsible for getting everything uploaded from the old system to the new system. He made multiple mistakes, most of which I had to catch on my own! They do not offer a dedicated Rep for implementation (unless you are a large Co). I would suggest asking for one, regardless of size!
- ROI on Reports - Schedule reports to run automatically, automatically populate OSHA documents.
- ROI Timekeeping - Eliminate paper time card calculations and reduce errors/mistakes. Same goes for the Benefits portal - they have a feed that goes directly to the insurance carrier (no rekeying this info into their website). They also have a feed for the payroll deductions that uploads over night.
- Positive impact on connecting employees to one central location for payroll, timekeeping, handbook, and Co communications. Would be nice to have the Co communications streaming through a monitor for production/manufacturing. They don't have computers in front of them, so logging into the system to read a Co communication is not ideal.
- Soft Cost Saving with Improved Operation Dexterity – Streamlined process, elimination of manual spreadsheets and elimination of the hours spent compensating for current system limitations and lack of customer service to enable for Payroll and HR to focus on the valuable tasks for which they were hired to deliver bottom-line impact
- Better customer service. You don't need to submit help desk tickets, you can actually pick up the phone and talk to someone! You not only have a dedicated Rep, but a dedicated team. If the Rep is away, someone from the team can answer your questions. All calls/e-mails are responded to the same day!
- ADP,PAYCHEX,Ultimate Software
Ultimate - terrible customer service, not user-friendly, outdated technology, over priced.
You have to submit a ticket online, half the time they don't respond and if they do it takes forever. You can't pick up the phone and talk to anyone because they don't give you a dedicated Rep.
Their custom fields are very limited and its hard to report on them. There are only certain areas within the system where you can create custom fields. Their reporting capabilities are robust, but it is extremely difficult to use. It takes forever to try and produce a report. They don't have very many standard reports out there. Recruiting system is not robust at all, although they say an update is coming soon. It's nearly impossible to search for resumes by keyword - it will pull up about 500 at a time. No Org chart, which is a huge disappointment.
ADP - Not a user friendly system, multiple disjointed systems/modules. Customer service was pretty good at the time.
Paychex - Not a user friendly system, multiple disjointed systems/modules (payroll & reporting system, along with everything else). I only had one dedicated Rep that provided good customer service. All of the other Reps really lacked the ability to provide good service (lack of knowledge of the system, didn't understand payroll or the codes we used).
I would definitely recommend Paylocity to anyone who is considering a new Payroll/HRIS. If you have other systems that you currently use, such as timekeeping, I would recommend finding out how the integration works. It might be easier to purchase their module than to use your own.
Another important question to ask when researching Paylocity is customizations - What is the client allowed to customize in the system vs. what Paylocity can do. Some Co's out there don't allow for customizations or they charge you every time you want to change something (Ultimate Software, NOT Paylocity).
Paylocity Feature Ratings
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- NOTHING difficult about this sytem
- Employee Dashboard (posting articles, communications, forms, etc)
- We had 2 different dashboards for different Co locations (nice that we had more than one). I had an issue with the two employee dashboards syncing correctly, which was a nightmare at the time. Customer Service resolved this issue.