Overall Satisfaction with PayPal Payments
PayPal Payments owns Braintree Merchant Processing, and that was the standard payment processor integration to the BigCommerce Store we rolled out to support the company's eCommerce initiative. PayPal Payments was a non-negotiable feature we had to have on our site per our agreement with BigCommerce. That being said, we wouldn't have had it any other way. PayPal is a recognized and trusted payment provider, and it engenders trust with our customers.
- Super simple integration.
- Excellent brand recognition and trust.
- Really responsive tech support.
- Quick settlement of funds after payment.
- Sometimes the UX flow would not deliver the customer back to our site, leaving orders in limbo "Pre-approved" status. The customer would call days later asking why we hadn't shipped it.
- The PayPal logo on the checkout page can be kind of large and obtrusive.
- They mention new features and programs on their login page, but it's hard to find any details on them deeper in the software.
- Fast settlement of funds
- Ease of integration between accounting software and ecommerce platform
- Consumer brand recognition
- Easy to sell intern[ation]ally
- Helped us capture 25% of our eCommerce revenue.
- Only took 20 minutes to integrate with zero customer service needed.
- Ease of reporting from our QuickBooks accounting software.
PayPal Payments, at the end of the day, was an easy sell to management and an auto integration with our eCommerce software. We already informally accepted PayPal for international customers to reduce risk, and taking it a step further was an easy next step. It was a one or two-click integration with no messy API keys.
Do you think PayPal Payments Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PayPal Payments Pro's feature set?
Did PayPal Payments Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PayPal Payments Pro go as expected?
Would you buy PayPal Payments Pro again?
Accepting PayPal and even using them as your standard payment provider is a no-brainer. Yes, there are others you could integrate with, but PayPal Payments is just simple and already trusted by consumers of all walks of life. Maybe you could negotiate a better rate with a different provider if you're a large company, but unless you're in the payments business, you don't want to be thinking about payment providers.