A well developed product with unmatched customer service

Janet Golla | TrustRadius Reviewer

Modules Used

• Modeling
  • Reporting and Analytics

Overall Satisfaction with Planful (formerly Host Analytics)

We use Planful in the Planning and Analysis Department where we aggregate data from multiple applications (accounting and operational) in Modeling in order to provide analysis to the Operations, Asset Management, Marketing, Legal, and Accounting departments. We utilize Planful to compare results to budget, analyze marketing trends, manage contract terms, validate formula pricing calculations, build operating budgets, and maintain forecasts.
  • Aggregates financial and non-financial data in a single platform
  • Allows for complicated formulas in the building of financial models
  • Creates a single source of the truth throughout the organization
  • It can be slow when there is a large volume of data behind the calculations
  • I can't keep up with the release improvements, so I feel I'm missing out on some good features
  • I understand the need, but I hate updating my password every 90 days
  • Reduced budget consolidation from days to minutes
  • Saved an FTE in the Planning and Analysis department
  • Allows for aggregation of all relevant operational data
Operational reporting is now just a single click, since the reports will automatically generate and be distributed once the books are closed. We can directly interface with external data sources to automatically refresh data nightly. We have also replicated the formulas used to generate our costs, and refresh the data nightly to validate the next day's product costs.
I find it's easier to start with an existing report, then modify it as needed and save as a new report. We are just on the infancy of dashboards, but I can see it is a very user-friendly tool, we just need to determine what we want to present.
Once trained and familiar with the tools, Planful is a very user friendly application. However, change is required when implementing a new tool, and we have found some resistance within our organization to embrace it. Those of us that are using it don't go a day without its assistance. If I were to do it again, I would ensure that all departments were involved in the implementation, so that they could value behind it.
I used Hyperion and Essbase in a former position, and when I was introduced to Planful (as Host Analytics), I was intrigued by the similarities to Essbase, but in the cloud. I could see the potential immediately, and it has improved continuously since implementation. I have never been more impressed by the genuine customer service provided by all of Planful's departments. I am also impressed with the online training resources and customer support, as well as the support of the Planful user community.

Do you think Planful (formerly Host Analytics) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Planful (formerly Host Analytics)'s feature set?

Did Planful (formerly Host Analytics) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Planful (formerly Host Analytics) go as expected?

Would you buy Planful (formerly Host Analytics) again?

Planful is well suited for any time you have complicated formulas that you use to produce reports, budgets, forecasts, and dashboards. We have used modeling to capture all of the relevant fields that drive our business, and with a number of behind-the-scenes calculations, build budgets in a protected environment and consolidate them in a fraction of the time it took manually (minute rather than days).

Planful (formerly Host Analytics) Feature Ratings