Overall Satisfaction with Polycom RealPresence Group Series
The Group Series codecs are used for our engineers to collaborate and conduct meetings across the globe. It solves the costly problem of constant travel. Our executive team also uses video conferencing to conduct meetings, not as often as the engineers.
- All in one hardware integration. Touch panel, codec, SS DSP, Mics with Clink all work well together, this reduces the need for custom programming and saves money.
- The Polycom Provisioning service for the groups reduces human error during setup of codec's as well as consistency for UI/settings.
- The new SNMP for Group Series has a much better structure that allows for deep monitoring.
- Previously an issue with Global Directory dialing, the RPTouch would try to dial display name string vs ext. This was fixed recently.
- Complicated wiring for Clink extension. Clink connection also easy to put in upside-down. This broke one of our HDXs in the past.
- Once pexip integrates Polycom/Skype this will be a big win for us due to the RPTouch integrating the "one - touch join". This will increase adoption of video greatly.
- Before the Group series with peripherals was implemented the cost of a video room was twice what it is today. Massive win.
- Due to provisioning and automated firmware the IT involvement has been greatly reduced. No longer is there a need for manual changes to individual endpoints.
As a previous AV installer, the Polycom line of product always superseded other hard codecs due to the reliability. Other expensive codec's don't supply the same features for the price of Polycom.
Medium to large size conference rooms are the best fit for the Group Series. Smaller rooms could use a Trio with Visual + rather than a Group. Using proprietary Polycom table mics along with CEC enabled TVs and a sound bar is a solid design that reduces the need for expensive control systems.