Overall Satisfaction with Power BI For Office 365
This differs from company to company. I have implemented solutions for a single line of business within a company and across all lines within a company. Typically during a deployment, we will develop and release content for a single business line and then move to others. Power BI specifically will display the data you have prepared in the background. It can also be used, by power users / analysts, to explore their own data and to make their own analysis without having to go through IT once a solid data model is in place.
- Easily create graphs and visualizations.
- Distributing dashboards & content packs
- Finding inconsistencies in data.
- If a data source is deployed directly to PowerBI.com without using Power BI desktop, you will not have the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues which often arise during Metadata and other changes to the model.
- Not for typical static reporting.
- No row based security within Power BI itself.
When you look at the whole MS BI stack, it is far and away the best solution. But if you are solely looking at PowerBI.com (Power BI for Office 365), it's features are limited to creating graphs and visualizations. For example, you create cubes and data models in Cognos, but you need SSAS to do this before sending the finished model to PowerBI.com.