Overall Satisfaction with PowerSchool Student Information System
The system has a great deal of potential but is not consistent when communicating with other management software. It is relatively easy to learn and use. It calculates final grades and allows for specific weighting on different assignments. Sometimes the icons are not clearly indicative of the purpose of the links. It needs work but, overall, the program serves the purpose for which it is intended.
- Allows for weighting of assignments.
- Logging discipline notes that follow the student from grade to grade.
- Calculates grades accurately.
- Does not consistently communicate with related software such as Illuminate for Special Education Students.
- Drop down menus frequently refresh as data is entered which slows down the user's ability to enter information.
- Icons are sometimes unclear and not easily understandable. Word labels for some items might be more effective.
- Communication with Illuminate software.
- Allow for alternate grading systems besides typical percentages.
- FTE counts are not always accurate and need to be altered manually.
Do you think PowerSchool Student Information System delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PowerSchool Student Information System's feature set?
Did PowerSchool Student Information System live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of PowerSchool Student Information System go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy PowerSchool Student Information System again?
PowerSchool offers an app for parents that allows them to easily check their child's grades and/or assignments. Frequently demographic data that is updated in Powerschool does not transfer to other software as is expected. Viewing student scoresheets is handy when entering many grades at once.
Using PowerSchool Student Information System
30 - Most of the users are teachers who use the program for recording grades and verifying student information.
1 - We have one technology specialist who is shared with other school districts. He is only present for in-house support 1 day per week. There is a technology center that is shared between the other school district and who is available for virtual computer support 5 days a week.