Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.Zoom past the competition with Zoom MeetingOriginally we bought the Zoom Webinar tool as a backup system to our usual webinar platform, Adobe Connect which often experienced bandwidth issues, especially during inclement weather when the demand was high. However, Zoom quickly gained popularity among our students, faculty, and staff due to its ease of use and high-quality recording features and we began expanding our license to include more 'PRO' accounts. Presently the institution has completely moved away from Adobe and fully adopted Zoom for all of its online courses. We have additionally used Zoom to conduct staff meetings, 1-on-1 tutoring sessions and to troubleshoot technical issues for remote users. The tool has also been beneficial for online students in working on group projects and recording asynchronous presentations.,Internal communications Training,It records to MP4 format which can be easily saved to a local machine and edited with even basic software such as iMovie or Windows Media Maker The desktop application makes creating and scheduling meetings very simple and it always supplies a conference line with no need for cumbersome integrations The mobile app is fantastic and works very well for our students who are on the go Zoom training and tutorial catalog is very well done, even our technically challenged users have little issue getting comfortable with the tool It handle multiple cameras (up to 50!), with high quality video very smoothly and is 'smart' in term of eliminating echo and muting noisy users.,The chat feature is by far the worst part of Zoom, you can't adjust text size or color or allow for multiple chat room within the same meeting (for groups or breakouts ) The Polling Feature could probably use more variety at this time. It def lags behind tools like Adobe Connect there. Also, the creation of Polls during a live session can generally be fairly cumbersome. The 40 minute time limit for the basic account can be a pain point and it seems fairly pointless as a user can just restart the meeting immediately once the time expires. There is probably a more effective way to limit the Basic account for the PRO,10,Since the adoption of Zoom meeting our webinar attendance and recording views have increased significantly. We have been able to seamlessly bring guest speakers and presenters to our classrooms that otherwise would not be feasible Because Zoom's cloud storage option for recordings is limited we have had to seek out an absorb the cost for a better video hosting platform (currently using Vimeo Pro),Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangouts and Skype for Business (formerly Lync),Blackboard Learn, Google Drive, Parallels DesktopMy favorite remote conferencing softwareWithin my company, we use Zoom Video Webinar to conduct weekly meetings with remote research collaborators. I am not certain if Zoom is regularly used by other research teams at my company. Zoom is similar to other remote video conference software in that it allows participants to hold video or phone conferences or meetings. Zoom helps us avoid travel costs associated with meeting collaborators in person. Due to its reliability and high video and audio quality, it has boosted our work performance and efficiency. Thus, we can spend more time during meetings discussing research rather than waiting for buffering or asking participants to repeat statements.,Internal communications,The video and audio quality are excellent. I have never needed to ask a participant to repeat themselves because of low audio quality or a time lag between the video and audio. I find the layout of the meeting interface pleasant and intuitive. I find it much easier to use than Skype. I also like that during a video conference, you can see all the participants on the sides of the screen, and the person talking is featured in the middle. I like the fact that you can join a Zoom meeting via a web browser, or you can use the app. This allows you to join a meeting even if you are not on your own computer.,While the audio quality is very good, it is very sensitive to background noise. When we hold meetings with Zoom, all participants except the one talking have to mute their microphones, which is a bit of a nuisance during a discussion. I prefer joining Zoom meetings through a web browser on my laptop rather than using the Zoom app, but every time I want to join a meeting I get the prompt to download the app. I'm not a big fan of being asked multiple times to download an app that I do not want (this happens when I join Zoom meetings on a computer other than my work laptop). For the needs of my (small) research team, Zoom works well and is relatively inexpensive. However, Zoom pricing increases considerably for meetings of over 100 participants and longer meeting time caps.,10,Zoom has increased the productivity of our research team thanks to its intuitive interface and excellent audio and video quality. We can have discussions without the interruption of buffering or the annoyance of a video/audio lag. We have increased the number of research publications and the volume of research we produce, as we can easily meet with remote collaborators. Zoom helps our research team save money by avoiding travel costs associated with in-person meetings.,SkypeZooming Leads Through ZoomZoom Video Webinar is being used to provide education to our clients on how to utilize our products and general advice on social media. Zoom provided a solution to our problem of providing content to multiple users instead of in dribs and drabs as we had been doing it previously. The problem had been doing education one to one instead of running mass webinars dedicated to educating our clients and potential clients in an efficient and cost-effective way.,Lead generation Training,Zoom allows presentation to groups in a cost effective way. Zoom has allowed us to cut down time spent in preparing trainings. Zoom has given us a great way to present training and use it to generate leads on new clients through free webinars.,It is not as robust as some of its competitors as it doesn't have all the features present that they do. Zoom is fairly easy to use but has been difficult for some of our users to transition to who have used other products extensively. I can't really think of any other cons. Overall it's a pretty decent product.,9,Allows us to save money in a several different ways including cutting labor costs. Zoom has given us a way to not only educate our clients but generate leads at the same time. Zoom has actually cost less than our former service.,GoToMeeting, Skype and Google Hangouts,G Suite, Cisco Meraki Systems Manager,7,1,Webinars to support our client base in ongoing education has been one of our primary uses. It has been a life saver in changing the structure of our efforts for ongoing training. The webinars put together by our marketing department have netted our org a lot of good will through smooth presentation and Zoom has allowed us to reach them the way they should be. Also of note is our ability to get new leads through this ongoing training as well. Zoom has facilitates this. Our sales department has benefited greatly from our ability to give them smooth video chats for reaching new and potential clients.,10Zoom Meetings for improved global team collaborationWe use Zoom meetings for all individual, team, and company-wide meetings that require bringing together employees, customers, vendors, etc. in different locations. I use Zoom daily as one of the many remote employees. All employees across the various countries in which we operate use Zoom, it is the recommended form of communication by our employer for all calls when possible.,Internal communications Training,High-quality sound and video. Great mobile app for dialing in for video and or audio calls as needed. Chat feature for larger scale calls to help manage questions and reducing talking over each other.,Individuals cannot turn on the feature to mute audio or video upon meeting entry, only the meeting organizer can change these settings. We have had issues with larger meetings in which some participants are unable to enter, no resolution for the issue right now. The sound in rooms can sometimes default to a high volume regardless of the volume left from the previous call.,7,Definitely has saved on long distance and international calling charges we previously incurred. Improved collaboration due to the more personal setting the video conferencing provides. Ability to interview candidates in other locations and not flying into headquarters until later rounds of the interview process has saved the company on travel expenses.,Great platform to easily & professionally host large webinarsWe have used Zoom Video Webinar in a couple different formats, but in general, it has been a reliable software for my company to host webinars for prospecting clients. Most recently we partnered with another technology company to offer up a great giveaway package to one merchant that joined our webinar introducing our joint solution. The Zoom Video Webinar platform was great for setting up this sort of mass call where thousands of merchants were invited, and hundreds in attendance on the call. Having used Zoom for many years, I am quite confident in their technology and will certainly look to them again for future webinar management.,Lead generation,Invitations and RSVP management prior to call Attendees Visibility & other in-call functionality Post-call documentation and follow up support,Webinar functionality is additional cost to general business Zoom account Guidance with pre-call practice/run-through Nothing else really, great platform overall!,9,Great resource for partner engagement since we co-hosted a webinar with another tech company using Zoom Video Webinar Lead generation since we were able to gain a couple dozen solid leads from the webinar we most recently hosted Professional brand image as our webinar received great feedback in terms of the professionalism we gave off before, during and after our webinar,Google Hangouts, Skype for Business and Skype,Pipedrive, Skype, Slack, MailChimp, Trustpilot, Trello, Google Drive, Podio, Skype for Business, LastPass
Zoom Video Webinar

Zoom Video Webinar Reviews

Zoom Video Webinar
Filter 48 vetted Zoom Video Webinar reviews and ratings

Mark Nowowiejski profile photo
January 28, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zoom past the competition with Zoom Meeting"

• It records to MP4 format which can be easily saved to a local machine and edited with even basic software such as iMovie or Windows Media Maker
  • The desktop application makes creating and scheduling meetings very simple and it always supplies a conference line with no need for cumbersome integrations
  • The mobile app is fantastic and works very well for our students who are on the go
  • Zoom training and tutorial catalog is very well done, even our technically challenged users have little issue getting comfortable with the tool
  • It handle multiple cameras (up to 50!), with high quality video very smoothly and is 'smart' in term of eliminating echo and muting noisy users.
  • The chat feature is by far the worst part of Zoom, you can't adjust text size or color or allow for multiple chat room within the same meeting (for groups or breakouts )
  • The Polling Feature could probably use more variety at this time. It def lags behind tools like Adobe Connect there. Also, the creation of Polls during a live session can generally be fairly cumbersome.
  • The 40 minute time limit for the basic account can be a pain point and it seems fairly pointless as a user can just restart the meeting immediately once the time expires. There is probably a more effective way to limit the Basic account for the PRO
Zoom is well suited for nearly any situation you can think of where you need to communicate with groups of people across a physical distance. It has everything you could possibly need including document sharing, desktop sharing, whiteboarding, remote controlling etc. Even if an end user is in an area of low internet bandwidth they should be able to get by with some minor setting tweaks.

The main issue with Zoom right now is probably the price point for Pro accounts. If you are a very large organization that needs to buy 100s or even 1000s of PRO accounts their pricing might be cumbersome to absorb initially.
Read Mark Nowowiejski's full review
Maike Holthuijzen profile photo
January 15, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "My favorite remote conferencing software"

• The video and audio quality are excellent. I have never needed to ask a participant to repeat themselves because of low audio quality or a time lag between the video and audio.
  • I find the layout of the meeting interface pleasant and intuitive. I find it much easier to use than Skype. I also like that during a video conference, you can see all the participants on the sides of the screen, and the person talking is featured in the middle.
  • I like the fact that you can join a Zoom meeting via a web browser, or you can use the app. This allows you to join a meeting even if you are not on your own computer.
  • While the audio quality is very good, it is very sensitive to background noise. When we hold meetings with Zoom, all participants except the one talking have to mute their microphones, which is a bit of a nuisance during a discussion.
  • I prefer joining Zoom meetings through a web browser on my laptop rather than using the Zoom app, but every time I want to join a meeting I get the prompt to download the app. I'm not a big fan of being asked multiple times to download an app that I do not want (this happens when I join Zoom meetings on a computer other than my work laptop).
  • For the needs of my (small) research team, Zoom works well and is relatively inexpensive. However, Zoom pricing increases considerably for meetings of over 100 participants and longer meeting time caps.
Zoom Video Webinar is an excellent choice for individuals or employees who want to hold remote video conferences and meetings at a reasonable price. The basic free version of Zoom would be my top choice for small meetings lasting up to 40 minutes, but for larger webinars or meetings lasting longer than 40 minutes, there may be cheaper options. Zoom works well for business or work-related video conferencing, but it would also be a good choice for personal meetings or remote interviews.
Read Maike Holthuijzen's full review
Mike Madsen profile photo
November 01, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zooming Leads Through Zoom"

• Zoom allows presentation to groups in a cost effective way.
  • Zoom has allowed us to cut down time spent in preparing trainings.
  • Zoom has given us a great way to present training and use it to generate leads on new clients through free webinars.
  • It is not as robust as some of its competitors as it doesn't have all the features present that they do.
  • Zoom is fairly easy to use but has been difficult for some of our users to transition to who have used other products extensively.
  • I can't really think of any other cons. Overall it's a pretty decent product.
Zoom Video Webinar has been incredibly useful to build trust with our current client base as we provide education to them on things important to their business. We have also been able to generate significant leads through our large webinars by offering free content. So far it seems easy to use in a group setting but hasn't been used extensively by our employees for one on one client communication. I'm not sure why that is. It might just be a perception issue.
Read Mike Madsen's full review
Alicia Azulay profile photo
February 11, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zoom Meetings for improved global team collaboration"

• High-quality sound and video.
  • Great mobile app for dialing in for video and or audio calls as needed.
  • Chat feature for larger scale calls to help manage questions and reducing talking over each other.
  • Individuals cannot turn on the feature to mute audio or video upon meeting entry, only the meeting organizer can change these settings.
  • We have had issues with larger meetings in which some participants are unable to enter, no resolution for the issue right now.
  • The sound in rooms can sometimes default to a high volume regardless of the volume left from the previous call.
It works well for medium to large companies that have employees distributed globally. We have noticed a significant reduction in long distance and international call expenses once the recommendation and enforcement to use Zoom for calls as often as possible went into effect. Overall, video meetings allow remote employees a more personal experience during conference calls than a traditional audio-only call would provide.
Read Alicia Azulay's full review
Phil Krouse profile photo
September 24, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Great platform to easily & professionally host large webinars"

• Invitations and RSVP management prior to call
  • Attendees Visibility & other in-call functionality
  • Post-call documentation and follow up support
  • Webinar functionality is additional cost to general business Zoom account
  • Guidance with pre-call practice/run-through
  • Nothing else really, great platform overall!
Zoom Video Webinar is well suited if you intend to surpass more than a dozen or so attendees for a normal Zoom call. Depending on the scenario, Zoom's normal conference calling software would probably be sufficient. However, if you're planning on hosting a call with a larger amount of people, I would definitely recommend checking out their Webinar software. It's particularly suited to handle the pre-call invites/RSVP management that can be quite cumbersome, as well as managing the attendees during the call (ie, who can ask questions, raise hand, see responses, etc.) and following the conclusion of the call. In short, if you want the professional functionalities that come with handling a proper webinar (not just a large group on a call), than Zoom Video Webinar is needed.
Read Phil Krouse's full review
Chris McCarthy profile photo
January 16, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Lightning fast mobile with great video quality everytime!"

I attend a lot of video webinars and often host some. I use them as remote training tools. It is often difficult to get all attendees to start at the desired time and those incessant delays can be disruptive. We needed one that would address that issue as much as possible, though with all of the heterogeneous corporate environments out there we knew the issue would not be entirely solved.
  • Their mobile version is lightning fast, even for first-time users to get started and join a video call multiple times in a day, even on short notice.
  • Popular! That matters because when we use it in large groups for training, we find that most already have it installed.
  • Clarity and quality of the video sessions are excellent! When training, audience attention really matters.
  • It’s a great technology, but I recommend they work on simplifying scheduling. It is always a challenge, not nearly as streamlined as it could be. If zoom worked on that one improvement they would have seriously raised the bar for all other video communication tools.
Great for training, especially of large groups. Great for mobile video users as it is fast and keeps the quality of the training videos (therefore audience attention) very high. Great for last minute, quick video call sessions used when just such a session would add visual clarity that a nonvideo call just can’t. If you are less familiar with how their scheduling process works, I highly recommend you practice for a week or so before you host a time-critical training session or another video call. The main purpose of video webinars is that it saves the audience travel time while still delivering the “human contact” experience. So making sure you know how to make the scheduling seamless, will keep the audience from having to rebook and save the time it was intended to.
Read Chris McCarthy's full review
Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa profile photo
November 21, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Best videoconferencing software"

It is used by a department. We have many meetings in our association. These meetings usually take place in São Paulo and representatives from companies from all over Brazil participate. Executives needed to travel to Sao Paulo to participate each meeting. Being able to participate by videoconferencing with quality saves time and money.
  • Very fast installation.
  • Really easy to use.
  • Great communication quality. Great quality of response time.
  • Some clients have difficulty downloading and installing the EXE file.
For videoconferencing is really well suited. Of all the tools I have tested or used, it is certainly the best one.
I always use it for this purpose, so I have no highlight about an less appropriate scenario.
Read Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa's full review
January 14, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zoom Closes Any Distance Gap and Allows Anyone to "Be There""

We use Zoom Video Webinar mostly for meeting with out of town clients and third party vendors. When we are not able to meet face to face, Zoom Video Webinar makes it incredibly easy to set up a video conference and meet. This allows us to have productive meetings with clients that are on the other side of the world. We also have offices in other countries and if we need to set up a quick video call, Zoom is great for that. Zoom Video Webinar is used by many of the departments across our organization, but not all of them. Any departments that work with clients or outside vendors use Zoom.
  • With Zoom Video Webinar it is really quick and easy to set up a conference call in a matter of seconds. You can set up and send out invites to a meeting and get everyone dialed in incredibly fast.
  • The video and audio quality with Zoom is some of the best I have experienced.
  • Screen sharing works very well. Many of the meetings we conduct with Zoom Video Webinar require multiple people to share their screen throughout the meetings and Zoom does a great job of this.
  • I honestly cannot think of any issues we have had with Zoom. We have been using it for years with no issues.
  • The only complaint that I can come up with (and this isn't really a complaint) is that there are some features that you have to pay extra for. We have never had a need for these, but they do exist and potential customers may want to be aware of this.
Zoom Video Webinar is, unsurprisingly, very well suited for video conferencing. We use it daily to meet with clients and vendors that are not in the office. I work remotely and use it every morning for our daily standups. When you cannot be present for a meeting, Zoom basically closes the distance gap and keeps you just as effective as if you were in the same room with people. The ability to call in or video conference in is also very helpful for people that do not have access to a webcam at the time.
January 15, 2019

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zoom Webinar: Great ROI!"

We started using Zoom Video Webinars about 2 months ago and it has had a very positive impact on our organization. It has allowed us to do company-wide training sessions across multiple states while saving the company travel money. The recordings come out clear and the ability to recall transcripts has been very beneficial.
  • It allows us to communicate with a large number of employees efficiently without making people travel.
  • It allows us to share the webinar content internally and keep the content protected by enabling a "share within organization only" feature.
  • The Q&A set up is fantastic. We also appreciate the transcript recall for future follow up.
  • The ability to have multiple panelists (hosts) is a great feature.
  • There's honestly nothing I would change.
  • Pricing could be slightly less.
Zoom is well suited in scenarios where a.) an organization needs to host large training sessions for new services being implemented, b.) an organization needs to send out a live company-wide announcement, c.) an organization wants to host live periodic meetings.
November 05, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Simple for marketers AND for attendees"

We use Zoom both for our corporate, everyday communication, as well as for webinars. At our peak, we hosted 2 webinars a month, with anywhere from a 100 to 300 participants. We appreciated the many improvements that have been made to the platform over the last couple of years. The interface is clean and easily navigable for new attendees and we've never experienced a technical problem.
  • The interface is clean and attendees don't seem to have a problem downloading the software and accessing the webinar for the first time.
  • Creating a webinar is simple.
  • We love practice sessions and the ability to manage broadcasts, promoting panelists, etc.
  • Integrations with other platforms, like HubSpot, could be stronger.
  • Landing page registration and confirmation emails aren't as customizable as we'd like.
  • Upgrading between attendee tiers isn't very streamlined and has left us in a bind when we underestimate the number of attendees we expect and are unable to open the room up for more participants to join while the webinar is in progress.
We haven't tested Zoom against larger attendees pools, but for small to midsize groups (300), it's worked great. I don't see any reason why Zoom's capabilities wouldn't scale beyond that. It's relatively affordable and it has nearly all of the features I would expect from a webinar platform. The nicest part is that it doesn't require extensive training to start using.
Mikolka Morrill profile photo
July 02, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zooming away!"

It is being used by a number of different departments, sales, marketing, and support. In marketing, it's used for lead nurture, for sales as a way to connect with a large number of smaller organizations simultaneously, and for support as a training and onboarding tool. It's versatile in the numerous ways that we used it.
  • It's easy to set up a customized page that reflects your brand
  • It's simple to set up the actual webinars themselves
  • The controls & functionality are very easy to use
  • It doesn't do well on notifying you when/who is signed up
  • It is a pain to create webinars that happen at different times of the day (e.g. having a webinar at 10 am & 2 pm every day requires 2 separate webinars)
  • The quality of the screen share with video or Prezi is not great
It's pretty good for any and all general webinars. I wouldn't use it for 1:1 conversations, but a regular Zoom Room will work for that.
Read Mikolka Morrill's full review
Randy Lovelace profile photo
July 06, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Zoom Video Conference"

HubSpot uses Zoom Video Webinar as our webinar software and hardware in conference rooms. Zoom Video Webinar is most widely used for sales calls, conferences and company meetings of all sizes.
  • Zoom is very easy to use for first-time users which is incredibly helpful when running Zoom conferences for sales
  • Zoom is easy to navigate from a user experience
  • All conference software needs improvements when it comes to first time users as it is so heavily used for sales calls
Zoom Video Webinar is well suited for organizations that need video webinar software for sales, conferences, company meetings, training, etc.
Read Randy Lovelace's full review
July 23, 2018

Zoom Video Webinar Review: "Simple enough to actually get used"

Zoom is being used across the entire university as our sole video conferencing solution. It is used for remote meetings, interviews, and synchronous distributed class meetings. Staff use it for support in some cases, connecting remotely to support faculty and students. It is also used in limited circumstances by faculty to create webcam and screen capture videos for later distribution through various video platforms.
  • Easy setup for external users
  • Full featured for power users
  • Very reliable service - only extremely slow internet speeds impact communication
  • Some features are hard to find, and you need to know they are there to go looking
  • Mobile app SSO has been less than straightforward lately, and resulted in signing in each time you host a meeting
Zoom is a great tool for desktop and mobile video conferences. It is easy to get started as a host, and straightforward to join as a guest - from within or outside an organization. Recording works fairly well, but more as a record than an asset to use in the future. Local recordings can be rather low quality, and cloud recordings expire. Neither has editing features built into Zoom.

Dashboards (9)
Data exportability (9)
High quality audio (13)
Mobile support (12)
9.6
Calendar integration (13)
Record meetings / events (13)
Slideshows (11)
Event registration (8)
Audience polling (10)
Q&A (10)
9.2
Participant roles & permissions (13)
Confidential attendee list (8)
Branding options (10)
Integration to Marketing Automation (6)

About Zoom Video Webinar